Loved one DX
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
Wickliffe
The last neurologist I seen at the V A Hospital report:

Motor: everything normal except (to make this a much shorter post) for 3 beats of clonus bilaterally and left Hoffman present.

Impression: (shorten version) neurological exam normal, no evidence of MND (ALS) or any other neurological disease. I do not see a reason to purse an EMG at this time.

How can this be said when both clonus and Hoffman are positive and both are upper motor neuron lesion symptoms. Please forgive me for my ignorance, but can some one please explain this to me, because I'm really confused and aggravated, seeing he never mentioned the above findings to me, I read this in his report, I always thought they had to tell you if they found anything abnormal? Any and all comments welcomed.:idea:

Has anyone with PLS/ ALS been DX with Hoffman sign? Thank You.

I read that Hoffman can be present in normal individuals with no underlying conditions whatsoever. I don't know about the clonus - perhaps someone else can help.
BTW, my report in April of this year was almost identical. Normal neuro exam, no need for further testing at this time. Here I am 9mths later still looking for answers!

The last neurologist I seen at the V A Hospital report:

Motor: everything normal except (to make this a much shorter post) for 3 beats of clonus bilaterally and left Hoffman present.

Impression: (shorten version) neurological exam normal, no evidence of MND (ALS) or any other neurological disease. I do not see a reason to purse an EMG at this time.

How can this be said when both clonus and Hoffman are positive and both are upper motor neuron lesion symptoms. Please forgive me for my ignorance, but can some one please explain this to me, because I'm really confused and aggravated, seeing he never mentioned the above findings to me, I read this in his report, I always thought they had to tell you if they found anything abnormal? Any and all comments welcomed.:idea:

If I received a report lke that I would throw a big party Dont look for trouble. It can be normal for you a positive hoffman.It doesnt always mean Als Enjoy your life Pat

Thank you for your comment. I give you and all the individuals on this forum with ALS credit for courage you all display battling ALS/PLS. I do not know if I could be so strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back