Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Okkkkk, I have two fighting teens an unhappy lonely marriage and a difficult process of disability! My company disability approved long term but everytime they request a test they dont pay and my big fancy hospital takes two months to get the paperwork to them. I get notices that say you have thirty days to have this in, so MY neurologist sends my paperwork to my local doc so i have access BUT the the ladies in the office say they cannot give medical info from other docs to me or my disability company! My sons birthday is coming up and he has been such a brat because this is the first year we are unable to get him what he wants, then the holidays are coming up... My mind is going literally, my psychiatrist is worried if its stress or actual brain damage since i do have spots on my frontotemporal lobes........ My back and legs hurt everyday! I take baclofen and klonopin but they still hurt, if i didnt take those i could not walk from spasticity. I want to runaway like a little kid, i cant handle all the negativity around me. I cannot work anymore but i miss my co workers who would notice my troubles but make me laugh. MY WHOLE FAMILY wantsme to be like i was and i am NOT and they make me feel like crap every chance they get! I am sooo ready to pack a bag, get my meds, and live in a tent somewhere in the woods!11:evil:

Re: Ready to Explode!

I hear you Sammantha... wishing I could do more than listen. Does your town have a Family Counseling Center? In my town they help with the kids, birthdays, some bills, etc. Also if you're signed up with ALSA, do they have a fund to help out families?

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My Husband and 13 yo son are fantastic, but my 20 yo daughter (away at college)is being horrible to me so I can relate to you there. All of a sudden the world doesn't revolve around her! I go to bed crying over it. Sending you a cyber HUG! Please contact the ALSA or get a referral to a social worker if your clinic doesn't have one.

Sounds like it's time for some family counseling or a family sit down talk where you do all the talking. They're not taking you or your diagnosis seriously. Wish I could fix it for you Sam but you need to take this by the reins Sweets.

And further more, I think your office ladies are full of it.

I agree with Ms. Pie. You need to give your family a good talking too and you do the talking. They need to start giving you some respect. I wish we could do more to help you. Stand up for yourself. We are on your side. Kim

We have some beautiful woods in southern Ontario and the leaves are changing. If you do pack your bags, come north!

Heck, if you don't mind a room the size of a broom closet, you can come spend a week here. I can bunk with my daughter that long.

Because of Hippa, the nurses can't give you info from other oracrices, technically, but if you have a good relationship with your GP, HE can ask them to.

Or, you can go get the records yourself from whomever has them personally, they can not legally deny you access to your own records. Your neurology office has to let you have them.

My old GP office would let me have records from other docs as a courtesy to save me fees, but they all aren't so nice.

You ,ay need something different for the spasticity. I found the only combo that works for me personally is baclofen, Valium and a daily walk, but everyone is different. Walking presentsmitsmown hazards, as I'm a high fall risk, if you are, too. Walk carefully or with a walker (I'm not allowed to walk without one)

The kids are old enough to understand money doesn't grow on trees and that you're not healthy any longer. I can't suggest a thing on unhappy marriages. I got rid of the hubby 20+ years ago.

I still think a social worker could help you fight disability! I fought for and won my disability in North Carolina, won it on the first go-around with my social workers help, and wasn't nearly as bad off as you are right now.

I hand-delivered every paper.

I thought long and hard as to if i should reply to your post, i mentioned this on another one of your threads, not sure if it was overlooked or not. Please, please loose the Klonipin, it almost put me in a psych ward after taking for a month. I did not notice the changes, everyone around me did and i am sure glad they did. My symtoms were hostility, anger, unable to make small decisions, i went from being super passive to hostile. After an outburst my family took me to the E.R. i was hospitalized for 2 days, taken off the klonipin and put on valium and slowly the symptoms subsided. I havd no history of any mental healthissues nor do i till this day. I honestly beleive this is a drug from hell and would of taken my own life if my family did not intervene. Abut 15 years ago a women killed her entire family while on klonipin, it made national headlines. I know every medication effects people differently but everytime i hear someone is on klonipin i get chills down my spine. I also agree with everyone else you need to sit everyone down and set up some rules, you need some support, plesae feel free to p.m me, margaret

Margaret, its always a good reminder to us all that medicine that's supposed to help us, can cause serious other issues... My Dad became addicted to valium in the 70's, and was frequently a nutcase... he didn't realize it, especially since it was all by prescription. It wasn't until years later when we told him some of the stuff he did, he had NO remembrance of it.

I have Klonipan that I take only as needed. I only take it when I am extremely upset or irritable. It will calm me down within 15 minutes of taking just one 1mg tablet. But, I only probally take one on the average of once every two weeks. It can easily cause addiction so I am extremely careful with it.

And I was nuts on Ne if on tin. A, fine on dia za Pam. We all react differently, that's true. I think ome has to look at actions from before and after a new medication is introduced.

Without it now, I wouldn't still be on two legs, literally, bac lo fen isn't enough for the spasms in my case. But I have never become addicted ti it.

The offer to spend a week here was genuine if you can get here

Sam

I also take Baclofen and occasionally valium to help with my stiffness. I am also taking Nuedexta which really helps my emotional state (crying, laughing etc)

Please find a ALS chapter near you if you haven't yet. They have helped me sooooo much with every aspect social,mental.medical etc. Here is a link to find a chapter near you

In Your Community - The ALS Association

Thank you so much EVERYONE,,I have been on klonopin for 7 years now. 2mg a day/i finally went on baclofen full time which has made the horrible spastic leg/arm problrms go away. I find swimming is the only thing that helps, but my legs and back have gotten weaker since excersizing but i cant loose the fat?!?! I have tallked to my family my psychiatrist talked to my family.......its like they know I am weak and only have enough strength to stay on them. Although my doc planted a seed because I made my husband spend time with the kids and they played ball.. I wanted to hit a couple as i could last summer, well i couldnt even hold the bat up let alone swing and you all know what it is like to realize (oh sh-t i cant do this anymore) my husband was laughing not realizing how much it hurts, yeah i looked funny trying but at least i still tried. Well my oldest son, told them Hey thats not funny, she cant help it...my 15 year old. Does anyone know of something one can do at home to make money? Plus I would most certainly "runaway" right now... I really need to, I feel like my time is winding down on not needing assistive devices. Its like once that happens there is no pretending or saying, oh i am fine. Its scaring me, my back is real bad.... I have never been to Toronto and I dont mind staying in a broom closet....and i dont mind helping others out while i stay because it gives me purpose and i can sympathize.. Thanks for the concern on the meds.... when i am not on klonopin my eyes dilate every noise makes me jump and sounds are so loud! I shake terribly.... i understand your concern because antidepressants make me VERY depressed with suicidal thoughts and I freak out at the thought of ever trying one again, yet they help millions of people. Thank God for my "peeps" on this site for i would be utterly alone...

Love and hugs Sam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back