Diagnosis
12/2001
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Ruskin
Go to www. wikipedia.org/poliovirus Really Good reading about diseases caused by Viruses. Go to bottom of page see links. Geo (ps) I had to write this in because ALS Forums site wont let me give links. :mad:

It is not that we will not let you, they just have to be approved. That can happen very quickly or it might take awhile depending on how busy each of us are.

hi geo.
is this the bit you are talking about...............................

Poliovirus is an enterovirus. Infection occurs via the fecal-oral route; meaning that one ingests the virus and it is within the alimentary tract that virus replication occurs.[24] Virus is shed in the feces of infected individuals. In 95% of cases only a primary, transient presence of the virus in the bloodstream occurs (called a viremia) and the poliovirus infection is asymptomatic. In about 5% of cases, the virus spreads, and replicates in other sites such as brown fat, the reticuloendothelial tissues, and muscle. This sustained replication causes a secondary viremia, and leads to the development of minor symptoms such as fever, headache and sore throat.[25] Paralytic poliomyelitis occurs in less than 1% of poliovirus infections. Paralytic disease occurs when the virus enters the central nervous system (CNS) and replicates in motor neurons within the spinal cord, brain stem, or motor cortex, resulting in the selective destruction of motor neurons; leading to either temporary or permanent paralysis and, in rare cases, to respiratory arrest and death. In many respects this neurological phase of infection is thought to be an accidental diversion of the normal gastrointestinal infection.[14]

The mechanisms by which poliovirus enters the CNS are poorly understood. Three theories have been suggested to explain its entry, which are not mutually exclusive; all require that the virus first be present in the blood (viremia). One theory is that virus passes directly from the blood into the central nervous system by crossing the blood brain barrier, independent of CD155.[26] A second hypothesis suggests that the virus is transported from the muscle to the spinal cord through nerve pathways by retrograde axonal transport.[27][28] A third hypothesis is that the virus is imported into the CNS by infected monocytes or macrophages.[7]

i knew of someone with similar symptoms to me who after many years was told he proberbly had had encephilitis(sp) after looking over the test results he had done years before.
so who knows,we each may have been subjected to a virus before developing mnd symptoms.................most people dont............that makes us the unlucky ones.

OK then Joel tell me ,when i have difficulty getting a link in whom do i ask ?HMMMMMM ,hMMMM NO LINK THERE EITHER ,HMMMMM. so ok i just pm you then ?. You know it bust my Ba--s to think of how certain people get . very helpful member great member . i dont know how they get this, must be connected HMMMMMMM. Ive been a member here longer that alot ,but im not in the LOOP Right . George

Geo,
You are in the loop. It is just link's and certain phrases trigger a approval from a moderator, message. The helpful member and senior member and such, come from number of posts. We surely do know that you are a helpful, and contributing member of our group. I can tell you these features are not in place for member's like you, they are needed for spammers and such. Trust me we do get some of those, so please know we do not consider you anything but a helpful member.

OK Dear . If a person intends to do something they take the information ,elvaluate it, then act on it . I dont play Kiss up to some people here so im on the bottom of the food chain here . I would just like to say a few words to say i came to this group after leaving PLS Friends
I didnt Kiss up there either so i was on the bottom of the food chain there . I felt i had something to offer those who wanted it ,which is what a support group is . I am thinking its time for me to go or move on to something else . i would like to say to my real friends here ,i wish you the best and hope you find the answers your looking for . i will keep my profile here for one week then i will take everything out for those who wish to communicate . Its time for me to move on . Geo

Hi Geo, I want to wish you a relaxed and Merry Christmas. You are now a senior member, hopefully things will get easier and as far as the other levels are concerned, some of us just talk a lot. I didn't used to be a big talker but since losing my voice I have come here to do most of my talking.

A silly story, when I was about 10 my younger sister got a "Chatty Cathy" doll for Christmas and I really hated that it was so chatty so I took it apart.:evil: Because at that time I was really great at taking things apart but not so good at putting them back together, Chatty Cathy wasn't very chatty after I was done. My sister still hasn't forgiven me for that 40 some years later:smile:

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here plays or expects anyone to play kiss up here. It is what it is. You do contribute a lot of good information here and I'd be sorry to see you go. Don't think I'm playing kiss up here. I hate to lose good members.

AL.

Hey Geo,

Your posts are usually full of good and interesting info.

If you leave , that info will be missed.

If you choose to go , do so with a wave and a smile. Life is too short to be angry.

Glen

that might be the reason they are trying antibiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back