Other
Country
Uk
State
England
City
London
Hi all,

Sorry to come onto the forum and do this but I actually feel like I have reached breaking point - I am such a together person usually and I want to get back to this, please help if you can. For the last 2 months I have had toe twitches. They happen regularly and I can certainly make them happen by stretching out my toes and lifting my toes and curling my toes. So usually the twitches happen when I wake up and stretch. It affects one toe which will twitch continuously for about 10 seconds. I cannot see any atrophy, both feet look the same and I don't think I have weakness, but how on earth can you tell in a toe?! I can walk around and do usual things. I went to the dr who said it was nothing to worry about and after 2 months of twitching I would definitely see atrophy and or weakness. Please can anyone give me some advice or reassurance? I cannot afford to see a neurologist (dr said it's not necessary) as my husband has just died (we only married in August so a huge shock) and I am bringing up our newborn alone. I'm so scared, upset and don't know how to carry on. This is a plea to anyone who has advice or experience to just type a few words and I won't use the forum is you feel this is not als related. Thank you very much.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband. I'm sure there is a great deal of stress in your life because of death of raising your baby alone. Please forget about ALS. Your doctor is right, you are nowhere even needing to consider it. Please read the stickies at the top of the thread, and then stop reading about ALS. I would absolutely recommend grief counseling. Again, my condolences.

Thank you. I have read the sticky now. I stupidly went on google and all the information I could find suggested that twitching in one area, such as a toe, could indicate als. But after 2 months would I expect to see weakness or atrophy? Does the fact I can make the twitches happen point away from als? I feel like I've lost my mind at the moment. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply, it restores your faith in life that someone will offer some support and guidance so thank you.

My husband has no control over his twitches, at all, so I'd say that if you trigger them that there is something else going on, and I'd suspect stress. Please trust your doctor. Now you might search for a grief forum or support group, and enjoy your beautiful baby.

Thank you. I have arranged to see a counsellor tomorrow to try to help me piece my life back together. Thank you.

Agree with Nuts. Does not sound like ALS. Very sorry for your loss getting help with dealing with grief sounds like the best plan. Plus putting any thought of ALS out of your mind

Hi,

I'm guessing I won't get anymore replies, does anyone know how my thread can be deleted or do it for me please so I can move on and for my own mental health? Thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back