re Doctor's visits, mobility head, index and thumb fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elo

Hi everyone, has anyone tried any doctors making house calls? Could anyone please advise where I could get a list of doctors making house calls, as my husband needs medication on a daily basis prescribed by a family doctor. We are in the Mississauga area. it is getting very dificult for my husband to get to doctor's appointments. He has a lot of problems driving his motorized wheelchair as only his index and thumb fingers and head are barely functioning. Does anyone else have this problem and how have you dealt with it. Thanks you.

If you cannot get the house calls, which sure would be nice, is there any possibility that the public transportation in your area provides Dial-a-Lift? They will pick you up at home and take you to your destination in many towns. It just requires some advance planning since you need to call to arrange it a day in advance. If one member of the family is disabled, another family member can go with. Same price as a regular bus ride.

Hi Elo: Some family doctors still do house calls for their patients. There are very few out there. You can ask you family doctor if he would come out to see your husband or if he knows of any doctor that will come out. If not then there is Doctors Housecall Services. It is a Toronto number... 416 631 3000. Good Luck. Anne

Hi Elo. Can you get the controls for the wheelchair changed to foot function or they have a couple of head and face operated controls. Your Occupational Therapist should be able to help with that. Mississauga has Wheeltrans. You could try calling Credit Valley or Trillium and asking them if they have Doctors that will do house calls. They usually have a list of docs accepting new patients and you might find one that is willing. AL.

Hi Hboyajian, thanks for your reply. My husband just does not want to leave the house unless it is an emergency, that is why I preferred a house call, Elo

Hi Anne, thanks for your response, my doctor will not do house calls. Thanks for the Toronto #, I will keep it handy, will use Al's suggestion since it is in my area Elo

Hi Al, thanks for your reply, will certainly check with OT on the head and face controls. Called Credit Valley and they gave me a number to call, am looking into it today, you have all been so helpful, Elo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back