CALS
Country
US
State
New york
City
Brooklyn
Re: Do these symptoms suggest that I have ALS?2"

Hello I am new to this site and do not know how to create my own post so sorry for the post into this one. I am wondering if my symptoms suggest ALS as I have not been able to see a neurologist yet. It all started with a pressure like sensation in my neck with rifling up both sides of my jaw line. If I wore a high collared shirt, necklace, scarf (even loosely) it would trigger this pressure and tingling and was like I could not wear any of it. They checked thyroid and found a cyst on ultrasound( which they said was not concerning at this time) and thyroid blood work came back fine. The tingling started to go down my back, into my arms, and at times into my legs. This has been going on for 4 months. Now starting a couple weeks ago, I woke up with sore fatigued muscles. My legs felt like I ran 50 miles and we're just tired and my arms felt as if I lifted weights all day (and still do). Also a couple nights ago when I was at work all of a sudden my left chest and left arm when completely numb but the sensation returned within a few minutes. That happened three times that night. Now lately I have noticed twitching muscles in my calves, thighs, back, arms, shoulders, and especially my left eye. I have been having cramping in my right hand. And my muscles just ache. My left hip in particular is extremely sore as well. My last symptoms I have been having is decreased vision in my right eye. If I shut my left I can see but when I use them together it is as if something is off. Also once in a while I see a spark go through my vision in that eye. I just want someone to answer so I am prepared before seeing a neurologist. Thanks!

First read this
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/26591-new-members-please-read-before-posting.html

As you will see your symptoms are not ALS symptoms. Vision is not a symptom of ALS, sensory ( feeling discomfort numbness tingling etc) is not how ALS starts twitching is very nonspecific and especially twitching in multiple areas should not concern you in the context of ALS.
Follow up with your appointment but your answers lie elsewhere

Nikki, that is a great idea, embedding the "Sticky" link first in your reply. Way to go!

PS. Suggestion; add one more word, "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING... AGAIN!" :)

Last edited:

>PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING... AGAIN!"

and THERE WILL BE A TEST!

But Max ! What if they have test anxiety?

Last edited:

>But Max ! What if they have test anxiety?

:) -- true, then they would have to post about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back