Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Livingston
Over the past six months I had to call the town Police four times. In our town, non emergency calls go through the police department. My PALS was at his most precarious during the weak stand, weak walk months. He never fell, boom, on the floor. It was always a slide or slow collapse. He had lost his ability to use his arms and my help and props and time to get back up.
The police call this " lift assist ". Two very friendly Officers would arrive. Talk to Tom. Joke around. And then get him back to whatever spot he had fallen from. They always then stayed for a few minutes to talk to him. When they left, they would say, "call anytime. We are happy to help."
Thanks to our Police Officers.

Last edited:
That's great. I live right next to City Hall (less than 1/4 mile.). Our police, firefighters, and paramedics are cross trained. Although they can get here in less than 2 minutes, it's usually hit or miss with their knowledge and skills. I totally understand.

My upstairs neighbor has major mobility issues. When he falls, he cannot even help others to lift him. He has a wife but she cannot get him off the floor. The last time 911 was called, the two men who arrived bruised his ribs lifting him too roughly and quickly. The time before, it was as you describe.

This condo has a lot of people in their 80s and 90s. The ambulance comes about once a week. We've also invited them to speak to our residents about the services they offer and safety, in general.

The new President of our Board (a woman) was fire chief. She has been a great asset to our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back