Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Livingston
Epiphany. usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something. (2) : an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking. (3) : an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure.

For many in the world, the celebration of the Epiphany of Christ was January 6th.

And. There are other epiphanies in life.

This is a thank you to all moderators and very smart, caring members who assist seekers with their own Epiphany about ALS and their health. It is difficult to read the "could this be" posts. I would think it is often very difficult to respond. The seekers, people trying to understand their health, are often in pain, frightened and confused. The medical profession does not provide clear answers when you have multiple symptoms that may be related, or not. I think the responses from this forum are caring , Informative and patient.

Thank you to those who are helping the seekers.

My heart goes out to anyone who even thinks they have this horrible disease. After all the interviews of people with ALS I've done, I know the road to a diagnosis can be extremely hard. Months and months of waiting, so much testing, so much hope, then letdown.

I know there are a lot of people with health anxiety. IMO, we should always be kind and never sarcastic because health anxiety is real.

I think it takes a special personality to reply to people who have not been diagnosed.

When I first posted I was immersed in fear. Nikki send me a message that helped so much. She was like a lifeline for me at a time when I really felt like I was in a bad dream. I'll never forget her kindness.

Yes. From Tom's slurred speech to dx it was 5 months. We were hoping it was a stroke. Hoping for a stroke!
You are all doing exceptional work counseling the seekers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back