kiwisally

Country
OO
State
OO
City
OO
Directions:

"The forums allow you to rate threads between 1 star (terrible) and 5 stars (excellent). Once enough votes are cast for a thread, stars will appear next to its name in the listings. These show the average vote, and can be an easy way to see which threads are worth reading if you are on a busy forum.

On the forum viewing page you can also arrange threads by rating, with either the highest or lowest at the top.

It therefore makes sense to rate threads because it helps all users. To do this, click on the 'rate thread' link at the top of the thread viewing page. Choose the number of stars you feel best represents the quality of the thread. You may or may not be able to change your choice of rating at a later date."

So......here is a way yet another tool for everyone to express their feeling about a particular thread, its content or it's direction. Don't be too quick to judge as you can't change your mind once you have rated. To view the cumulative ratings look in on the form viewing page.

No need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist or jump with glee as each individual can only rate a thread once and the Off Topic Threads do not currently have this feature enabled. So there appears, as with the Reputation button, to be well built in checks and balances to prevent abuse.

Kiwi I have been thinking about the rating concept. I am not really for it as it seems a bit of a popularity contest. Brings back bad memories of growing up i.e. I was a wall flower type and spent my teen years worrying about saying and doing the right thing. I don't belong to Facebook in part due the whole friend concept. Too much angst for me. I figure if someone says something I really like I will just post to that effect. Thanks for trying to make things better.
Laurel

Kiwi, There used to be stars in the other section. I remember the original tea had 5 stars. Now that was before the big clean up of January or February.

Laurel, I'm fairly new to fb. I only joined for a Lowe's home makeover contest. I am like you, I was a big introvert growing up but I think I am coming out of my coccoon. If you ever decide to join, I would be honored to have you listed as my friend!

Ill be your friend laurel. I know how you feel:)
Kiwi..you are just a wealth of information. Thank you:)

Thanks for speaking up Laurel. :)

We used to be able to express ourselves with the LIKE button. But no use flogging that dead horse any further.

If it helps any..... you can't see who has rated any given thread, each person can only rate one time, the rating is cumulative and both this thread and the one about the rep button went past David in the moderation process so he knows I am pointing out the feature.

I'm not big on FB either but I do use it for a few specific friends and just ignore the 76+ friend requests that I'm not so keen on.

I'm on fb so I can see what the kids are up to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back