Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Rose there is always pole dancing. Assuming you can still grip the pole. Obviously you never heard the adage, Happiness is sliding down a fireman's pole. LOL

AL.

I know, I'm bad.

OK, I can't stop laughing! (really) You know if you looked at my history, you'd think I had a thing for a man in uniform... there was the state trooper, we had our problems, but nevertheless it was a wonderful period of time in my life where I got no speeding tickets! ... then the train engineer.... and of course now the pilot ~ never got to know a fireman, but maybe I should have :cool:... actually there was a guy in my high school that was with the VFD, I remember thinking it very cool when he came to class one day smelling of a fire. :smile:

... hey, perhaps you can don the old uniform and show up at our birthday party! Bring some of your house merlot if you like...

Ya'll are toooooooootoooo funny!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, my birthday is in June, but my hubby is a retired firefighter...

and, rose, I had to read twice, I thought it said Al could bring the HOSE merlot!

my, my, my...
brenda

sukilou-

Please excuse our silly banter. We HAVE to laugh or we would cry. and sob. and cry. And sometimes we do! i have not yet been diagnosed of ALS- still in the suspect phase for now. Every post I read from people who have ALS tells a different story about rate of progression. Hang in there and keep coming back- it works!

My Birthday is on Cinco De Mayo my friend coined it as Cindo De Cindy. I cant pole dance, but I can wear a sombrero and laugh at the pole dancing. Al- are you telling me they do naughty things in firehouses?

OK, folks ... I will continue my lame little joke (where is Stu when you need him?) And apologize for highjacking this topic ...

Here are some Pole dancers, with musical accompaniment, for our party. Whatever turns you on, Al! And Rose ... if you like men in uniforms, yur gonna be in hog heven!

YouTube- Polish Folk Costumes Polka

Beth, words fail me! :) (and that is something)

Oh my gosh we're all going to he-l.

AL.

sorry guys ... I have a really warped sense of humor, which you probably have noticed by now.

:)

Noooooooooooooooo! Never noticed.

AL.

Beth,

I loved those "Pole" dancers on the utube website you posted! Brings back memories of "The Big Joe Polka Show" on RFD TV.

Hey, is it my imagination or do all polka tunes sound awfully similar?

Zaphoon

Hey you all! I'm game for some pole dancing. Of course, being from TROUTdale, the only pole I've got is for fishing! :lol:Lonna

Awright, Lonna ... we'll find some fishing pole-dancing music for you, and you can have a whole table to yourself.

Zaphoon ... can you play the tuba? Somehow, I see you wearing a fez, although I don't know if that goes with polkas. We may have to improvise. I don't know that an instrument that sounds like a sick moose is quite in the spirit of the polka, but we'll work something out.

Brenda, June birthdays are close enough, and so are May b-days, Cindy. (I was diagnosed on Cinco de Cindy, so there's something else to celebrate. Not.)

Rose, you can drape yourself across a virtual piano. What will the girls be doing?

Euphonium and bass trombone are the closest I get to Tuba but you can get a pretty good "UM-Pah" out of a euphonium!

The real, slinky kind of pole dancing music is best played on a slide trombone (of course, I wouldn't know this from experience...)

Polka music - I just don't get it past the first number. The second and third numbers (and all subsequent) sound identical to the first. No offense to any polka polers.

Zaphoon

Guess we'll have to pass on the polka :)

Beth and Al.....

OK, folks ... I will continue my lame little joke (where is Stu when you need him?) And apologize for highjacking this topic ...

Here are some Pole dancers, with musical accompaniment, for our party. Whatever turns you on, Al! And Rose ... if you like men in uniforms, yur gonna be in hog heven!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVPYs9jTyI

I've given this some careful consideration, and I just don't think the polka rhythm is going to work for me...however, this is just in reference to the pole dancing segment. For basic, adult drink enhanced table dancing, there is a chance I would be able to participate.....

One thing this video clip has done for me, is to show me that I, as a mature woman, am able to resist men in uniform after all. (what a relief!)

I don't know if Zaphoon has considered joining in on the merriment, but I did note that he and I are the same age.... hopefully he's actually a little older for my vanity's sake, however, on reflection, after posting the photo of me in full sleep study headgear, I guess my vanity has pretty much forsaken me anyway... but I digress, Zaphoon could lend his musical talent to the evenings festivities ~ in fact, I'm thinking "Open Party" come one, come all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back