Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
MD
City
Havre de Grace
I know that it is different with everyone but what is considered a slow rate of progression vs. a fast rate of progression. My hubbie has gone from a very athletic man 3 yrs ago to using a cane as of a month ago and wheelchair is probably in the not too distant future. Just wondering if this is slow, moderate, or fast, relatively speaking.

I know that it is different with everyone but what is considered a slow rate of progression vs. a fast rate of progression. My hubbie has gone from a very athletic man 3 yrs ago to using a cane as of a month ago and wheelchair is probably in the not too distant future. Just wondering if this is slow, moderate, or fast, relatively speaking.

We have a friend with als (I now have bulbar diagnosed earlier this year) Our friend was diagnosed 3 years ago and has been totally immobile for at least the last year...he can barely feed himself now...so I think it seems like your husband is slow progression to me....Our friend was a sports trainer so was very fit before all this and only 36....
I understand what you mean about wanting to know if progression is slow or fast....I just want reasurance that I am slow as well, but it is still very early days for me.
Keep it up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back