Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Waterloo
This is not a good day, This disease is Progressing faster than we expected, within 7 days he has gone from being semi self sufficient to not even being able to brush his own teeth, The Neuro at the ALS clinic at OSU, moved his next appointment from November to next week because of the rapid progression. I feel so helpless.

Shelly, I'm so sorry about this rapid progression. That is so sad. I am saying prayers for you.

Hang in there,
BethU

I am sorry to hear this. Maybe the clinic will have some ideas on how to slow things down. Hugs, Cindy

More rest?

I too am suffering from progression of weakness in legs, arms, and hands. Eating even mushy apple sauce or baby food is getting more difficult. Mucus, choking, and dry eyes add to my discomfort.

I am trying to follow the Clinic's advice to save my energy for only the really necessary things. Though I try to do minor chores to help out my wife/caregiver, I am gradually letting her do more.

I still enjoy very slow walks on level ground with two walking sticks. But they are getting shorter and slower!

Fare thee well!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back