Not open for further replies.

Boots78

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi there! Been dealing with muscle twitching mostly in legs with heavy and some atrophy in the legs started 3 years ago stayed that way until a month ago. Now I have muscle atrophy pretty much everywhere on my body it seems everyday I'm finding new limbs with it along with fatigued muscles, twitching and cramping. Waiting to see my Neuro again. Looking for some insights if anybody has heard of or had this rapid muscle atrophy suddenly?

Can you help us understand your context -- your status says you are a caregiver for someone with ALS but this is a question about yourself?

Sorry I need to change that wasn't what I meant to put there. Thank you for letting me know.

Boots, from what you have written.... apparently you have seen a Neurologist.
Maybe share with us the first initial consult.

"Waiting to see my Neuro again."

That will help our very ALS knowledgeable members better answer your
concerns/questions.

I had a clean emg 3 years ago even though I had twitching and atrophy. it pretty much stayed the same up until jan. now I have muscle atrophy on pretty much each part of my body, weakness, pins and needles, tingling, burning heaviness with my muscles now. I just didn't think als spread this quickly without any signs it all hit at once everywhere.​

Spreading over 3y still with the ability to walk and talk would be slow, not fast. What does your PCP say, if not your neuro? Does s/he find clinical atrophy and/or weakness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back