Raising the white flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
As so many have said your presence here has made a real difference and you will be sorely missed. I too had come to look forward to your posts, filled with your intelligence, wit, expertise and compassion. I hope your passing is filled with love and peace.

Ed

Karen,

I read this post earlier today, but struggled to find words. I am simply a CALS and cannot hope to truly understand what it is like to be a PALS. The physical, mental and emotional toll that comes with such a diagnosis is beyond my comprehension. For my PALS (and for myself), it has been less about defining the ride and more about how we manage the ride. And oh... how you've redefined how we ride! The glimpse of you... shared with us here as you lived these last several years, will be remembered long after your last post.

The best words for you have already been written. They've been written in the thousands of responses to the nearly 4,000 posts that you've taken time to write; regardless of the effort to do so. You have given heart, hope and help to those who might have initially felt dark, lost and alone. You have provided testament to the fact that life does not end with diagnosis. And you've inspired others to do the same.

I wish you well as you continue your journey past ALS. And I sincerely thank you for the time you took to make our lives that much richer.

My very, very best...

Jim

Karen, I'm sorry that things have become so hard, and agree with Jimi's belief that the essential "you" will continue when you leave your body.
Thank you for the light and love and support you have shared with the Forum, and we will miss your wit in the "Make a Sentence" game. :)
Wishing you joy.

Karen,

I don't come here often anymore, but I am so glad to have "stopped in" today to say goodbye.

I wish you a smooth journey and will always remember you fondly. Your strength, compassion and humor have always inspired me.

Wendyn, I wish you strength and peace. Karen's spirit will always surround you.

Godspeed, my friend, fly high! ❤

Karen We wish you a peaceful transition. Thank you so much for all you gave us all.

Karen,

Many here are so much better at expressing what you have meant and done for this forum and its members
than I am. Please know that your life in this physical world has made such a strong and meaningful impact on me as well as so many others. I wish you a peaceful and loving passage as you move on.

Kate

0606D0D5-8ED4-49DD-AE20-D42F4EA41A38.jpeg

Dear Karen,
Well done on living your life with so much positivity and helping others so willingly. I did not know there is life-ending medication. Please can you tell me what that is and how you got the medication. (I live in South Africa and I was 'discussing' this subject yesterday with my daughter and we would love to know more please). Shelley

Shell Karen lives in Oregon US a state which has a Death with Dignity Law that allows doctors to prescribe a combination of medicines for a patient to take if they are near the end of a terminal disease. It isn’t legal yet in South Africa but if you google you will see there is an advocacy organization. wherever you live you should be able to get medicine to be comfortable

I haven’t been on the forum in awhile, and I’m so thankful I saw this in time to add my appreciation for all the help you’ve given to all of us. You have been an inspiration on many levels. I will miss seeing your thoughts and opinions on different topics, and thanks to the forum, your guidance and example will be there to help others in the future. You will be missed a lot. Fair winds.

Karen,

Thank you!

Ken

befree.jpg

Thank you for helping all of us....

Karen, you provided such valuable and sympathetic support to so many here, it is a powerful legacy. You have served others right to the end, and set an example for all of the rest of us. You will be missed, you will be remembered.

I am doing the same thing at a later date. The day my ventalater goes in. I just can't put my family threw this much longer. I need the peace as well. Hugs to you . We will meet with our wings on.🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back