Radicava: updates on usage and cost concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Radicava has a Searchlight program that may help with out of pocket costs (on the Radicava website). The approval process was only a couple of weeks and we were lucky that insurance so far has covered the expense.

As of November 8th, in Canada, Radicava is fully approved. As such, we can no longer order Edaravone from Japan and we do not know what will happen with the SAP that supplies Wayne with Radicava. The doctor from the ALS clinic believes that once the supply runs out, to get Radicava, one will have to battle it out with insurance companies. It was quite the punch to the gut as Wayne's insurance company, since his former company was bought out, is pretty cruddy.

As of November 8th, in Canada, Radicava is fully approved. As such, we can no longer order Edaravone from Japan and we do not know what will happen with the SAP that supplies Wayne with Radicava. The doctor from the ALS clinic believes that once the supply runs out, to get Radicava, one will have to battle it out with insurance companies. It was quite the punch to the gut as Wayne's insurance company, since his former company was bought out, is pretty cruddy.
I heard the same thing today from Innomar Strategies- MTP Patient Support Program, but no info yet on price. I was not on the SAP program. They advised me that I have to have Insurance Coverage Approval as a prerequisite. I was preapproved back in January when it was supposed to be rolled out last April, but have to go through the approval process again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back