Diagnosis
06/2017
Country
US
State
TX
City
Lakeway
Assuming you had access to both, and cost was not an issue, which would you choose? Radicava or a 50/50 coin flip as a participant in the NurOwn stem cell trial (placebo or actual treatment)?

You can't do both.

My wife started Radicava last week, but is still haunted by the PR from BrainStorm saying that NurOwn can reverse ALS...

I think a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but it's not my body and not my life.

Thoughts?

:confused:

Well, hindsight is 20/20 but I decided against Radicava, for now. My eye is on NurOwn and I'm praying it will yield good results. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they both worked and, somehow worked synergistically.

Hoping your wife gets good results from Radicava.

While Nurown shows some promise I do not believe they claim reversal? I believe about 85 percent of the last treatment group showed slowing of decline in frs and/ pulmonary scores. It also seems anecdotal benefits do not last. I think they hope the change in dose will yield longer benefit.

If the story of the Rabbi is part of her concern ( the late Rabbi, incidentally). He was treated under compassionate use I. Fact he was diagnosed with ALS and MG. MG can remit spontaneously so it is quite likely his improvements could have been an mg remission.

The other stem cell success story was an different method no one knows why Ted Harada improved so much. They did not have anyone else who responded that way.

Still, I am not sure what I would choose. How long can she try radicava before the washout period prior to study screening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back