Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
CA
State
Nova Scotia
City
Dartmouth
I have an urgent question to our membership, has anyone developed serious kidney problems while on Radicava? I usually void 2 to 2.5 litres of urine everyday. During my previous treatment and tomorrow is the last day of treatment on this cycle, my kidneys have drastically slowed producing urine, causing intense mid abdominal swelling and edema. My nurse wants me to contact my medical team tomorrow if no improvement, and the last 48 hours, I have been averaging 65 to 70% less than normal voiding. If anyone is familiar with this as a possible side effect, please private message me as soon as possible. Thank you.

sounds like you should seek medical attention regardless, please let us know how you go

Scotia, do you use a catheter? If so, check for blockage. A shot in the dark, but my mother had a catheter when in the hospital years ago and developed reduced urine output and drastic swelling of her belly. They were literally ready to operate for a blocked intestine when a nurse noted the catheter was blocked. Kevin

I get my blood work tested every 4 months. I have been doing cycles of radicava since last June. I haven't experienced anything like your experiencing. This definitely sounds like something that should be explored.

I have called MT Pharma, and this was the third incidence this happenned to me. They are going to note this as an adverse event and my Neuro is going to send me to an urologist for follow up.

I do not have a catheter, but certainly have a bloated mid abdomen. I been in touch with my doc, have an appt next Wednesday, if my symptoms worsen, I am to go to EMERGE. Still waiting for a urologist consult.

I get my blood work tested every 4 months. I have been doing cycles of radicava since last June. I haven't experienced anything like your experiencing. This definitely sounds like something that should be explored.
I get my blood done 1x month, as I am diabetic, fatty liver and have spleenmegagoly (sp?) along wit’s ALS. I just finished my 39th cycle of Edaravone/Radicava completing three years of treatment. This low output just started on my last three treatment cycles. In the past it resolved after a couple of days. Still, without the Radicava, I do not believe I would have had the chance to be here today writing the reply.

I hope they can find a way to continue the radicava for you but resolve the adverse effect

I have been on Radicava for 15 months and have never had any kind of issue with it for whatever that is worth. Hope all goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back