Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2021
Country
US
State
MI
I had two sets of Botox for my uncontollabe Saliva. It gave me thick sticky saliva. has anybody done radiation for saliva? if so would you recommend it?

I know we have had members in the past. Try searching radiation though you will have to wade through some references to other types. Use advanced search maybe a limit subforums

I think it is important that you and the treating doctor agree to start on the low side with dosing - better to have a second round than to knock out all of your saliva which I think has happened

good luck. This is an absolutely miserable problem

Thanks Nikki, seems like every treatment for saliva has its drawbacks. think o would rather have a c;oth im my mouth all the time than deal with yhis thick sticky stuff

I had a PALS friend who pre covid made a face mask with a washcloth that she said worked pretty well

I just completed my second set of irradiation treatment on Friday. The doctor told me that I will probably see results in 3-4 weeks. I'm hoping for the best outcome. I did two sets of Botox plus the atropine drops under the tongue and got nowhere. I also took a couple of tablets but the side effects were worse than the saliva.
They form this plastic cage around your head and you can't move a muscle. They want you totally incapable of movement to be sure to hit the targeted areas.
9AF9BF1E-4637-4074-8DA9-205555C33423.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back