Status
Not open for further replies.

snowball

Sorry everyone,
I haven't written on here in age's you probably don't remember me even :shock:

please just look at my previous post's to get the gist so to speak.

Well my mom Arlette who has the bulbar form of this, had a feeding tube put in her about three weeks ago.
She just wasn't able to eat anymore and was losing weight fast.
Well she's handling the tube okay, and she has gained two pounds, BUT since the hospital there has been a VERY noticeable decline.
She is much much weaker, but still able to get around mobility wise.
Her speach is almost non exsistent any more and she's starting to write essay's to me.
My brother from Vancouver is in this week :D
and we started the ball rolling so to speak
she was assesed for nursing home, but at the moment she's still good enough to be on her own,
So we have to go the personal care home way we believe.
We saw one yesterday my mom, myself, my son who's 8 :D and my brother. It was really a nice place and conincidently I know one of the ladies who works there, and I know the man who own's three homes kinda wierd.
My mom was very very sad and started crying, it's been so hard on all of us.
BUT my mom is a very couragous woman, and a very selfless person. she has even donated her body after her death, and she told me if she can help just one person is this world to cure this, then she told me it will be a very good thing

I love my mom

Sandra

this must be so hard for you all. I know that you will make the best choice for your mom.

Sandra - I do remember you from before. It must be so difficult to have to make these decisions for your mom but it sounds like you are trying to do the best thing for her. It's good to hear you have some family around lending support. Melissa

Keep the faith Sandra, things will work out. I know. Keep your support group informed and let them help you out any way they can. You will need them now more than ever. Good luck, and please feel free to lean on our shoulders whenever you need to. God Bless.

Carol

today's the day

Today I have to take my mom to the private home.
I'm for sure not looking forward to it, and I know neither is my mom.
But it will be for the best, at least that's what I'm convincing myself of anyway's.
It is a really nice place (it better be for what their charging her a month)
I'd rather mom be able to live with my husband and I, but we have three flights of stairs to get to the apartment so that cancels that out right away.
She tells me she'll be fine, and that she sleeps alot anyway's, but it's still not her home.
I wish sunday never had to come.

I love my mom

Sandra

hi sandra,

i'm a mom too with bulbar onset. i can tell you love your mom very much, she knows it also. my thoughts and prayers are with you. keep us updated. give your mom a hug from me, another mom with bulbar als.
dar

Dear Granny,
What an emotional time families of ALS patients must go through. But, like Carol says, you will get through it. I am also a mother with bulbar ALS. I can tell that you are trying to do the very best for your mom and I am sure she understands that. I am sure it will work out to be best for her. Thank you for caring so much about her.
I will be thinking about your family and will pray for you - that God will be with you in these trying times. Please let us know how you are making out. Post anytime.
Leah (Granny)

Hi Sandra, I'm also a mother with bulbar onset.I told my husband and children when the time comes when you can no longer care for me , please find me a place. I have always been a very independent person I would not want to be a burden to my family.I know it's a sad day but there is not one thing nice about this disease. We all have to do the best that we can. Stay Strong. Elaine

Sandra,
Just wanted to let you know that I said a prayer for you. How did today go?
Dana

Hi Sandra. I do remember your posts back a while ago. So sorry that your mom has had to be moved out of the home setting. Don't beat yourself up over the decision to move her. We can't all do what everyone thinks we should do. We have to look after our own health as well as our loved one. I keep telling my wife and daughter that they should put me in a home when the time comes that I'm ready for it. They say they won't so we will have to wait and see. Our circumstances may change and we can only do what we can do. Hope you are feeling better and know that it will take a bit of time to adjust.
Take care. Al.

hi everyone
Well ma's all moved in and she seems to be okay so that's good.
We have her room all fixed up nice so that she's comfy and stuff.

She tried to go out to the living room yesterday because most of the people were out there, but their so darn old compared to her that they were all sleeping on the couch, so she said she does find it a bit boring.
But it's kinda nice that all her needs are being met, and that she's being helped with her feedings and all that other stuff.
Thanks everyone for caring enough to reply to me.

Well off to the land of yucky work, have a good day everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back