Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Wilson
I’ve been twitching body wide started in my left temple since august I’m so tired of this, it can be anywhere at anytime and some of them I can induce like in my thenar muscle , I was punching in boxing class a few weeks ago and couldn’t lift my pinky after wards and every time I go to the gym my left bicep feels like it’s tearing out of my shoulder , when my pinky wouldn’t lift that night I was convinced , I couldn’t make any hand signs involving the pinky but the next more full function returned so my question would be would these symptoms be waxing and waning if it was ***, would my pinky have returned to normal function also would the pain from working out go away

Hi there- it's time to work on your debilitating health anxiety. Also please re-read the Read Before Posting about symptoms that come and go, pain, etc. We pinned that at the top of this subforum as it contains answers to many questions that those anxious about ALS come here to ask. Your first stop now should be a doctor so they can physically assess you for structural issues and injury and also help you with your health anxiety. If you are damaging yourself with training, it might also be time to access the assistance of a trained physio who can help you with your form and provide you with some support.

Prev thread here:

You don't mention what your doctor has said about this and recommended.
ALS never starts this way, so please, read the post Shiftkicker has given, and see your doctor.
Remember, twitching means nothing, tell yourself that firmly.

Sounds like maybe you need a new trainer. You may be holding your pinky incorrectly, not protecting it enough, etc. Same for the bicep. As others have said, seeking medical care to rule out something that should be addressed before looking at your boxing style is the first step. To answer your question, ALS doesn't go from 0-60 and back as you describe.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back