Status
Not open for further replies.
nryanh94 I try not to comment here much but I just need to say that hon you don't have any ALS symptoms no matter how many posts you make trying to just ask one more question in order to twist things around to suit.

Please respect the terminally ill people here typing by blinking their eyes and go live your life now you've had your thrill with death.

There are lots of health anxiety forums if you want to have someone babysit you through your anxiety but we don't do that here I'm sorry.

All the best

Hey Katrina -- see my new hot key?

#1 - Read the **** STICKIES **** all is revealed there. 99.9% of your questions will be answered in the stickies. Especially Sticky " Answer you may get"!

#2 if you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

#3 We are not doctors or diagnosticians, but people who are dying from or caring for ALS people who often type w/ 1 finger or their eyes, etc., so replying to anxiety-ridden hypochondriacs is pita (pain in the ass).

#4 an EMG, properly done, is the gold standard test for ALS. But also, an abnormal EMG can indicate HUNDREDS of other, non-fatal, diseases. So listen to your doctor.

#5 ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

#6 Your doctor is wise to look at other diseases. ALS is rare. In order for it to be ALS, it has to be nothing else.

#7 Anxiety is what leads many folks here and it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can.

#8 ALS is about failing, not feeling, so forget the "feeling" symptoms

#9 Many of us cough/gag/choke and it is difficult to have anxious people constantly chasing this disease, when we can't escape it. It's downright offensive how there seems to be this cult of ALS wannabees/groupies. You don't want to fall into that bucket do you?

#10 If your main issue is twitching go to the bfs forum. If you have weird neuro symptoms try neurotalk. There are also forums for health anxiety.

FWIW & IIWII ... For What It's Worth and It Is What It Is!

Lastly, if you are still interested, search for "ALS from both sides" or "the abc's of als"

nryanh94 I try not to comment here much but I just need to say that hon you don't have any ALS symptoms no matter how many posts you make trying to just ask one more question in order to twist things around to suit.

Please respect the terminally ill people here typing by blinking their eyes and go live your life now you've had your thrill with death.

There are lots of health anxiety forums if you want to have someone babysit you through your anxiety but we don't do that here I'm sorry.

All the best

Tillie

I'm, so sorry I didn't realize it was coming off that way. As I've stated I do have respect for all of you and appreciate the time and effort that it takes for you to respond to my questions, as I know all of you would rather be spending precious time with loved ones than answering my questions. I'm sorry. Thank you all for your responses and words of encouragement.

Nikki, or any other mods feel free to lock the thread now.

yea lock the ****in' thread!

#1 - Read the **** STICKIES **** all is revealed there. 99.9% of your questions will be answered in the stickies. Especially Sticky " Answer you may get"!

#2 if you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

#3 We are not doctors or diagnosticians, but people who are dying from or caring for ALS people who often type w/ 1 finger or their eyes, etc., so replying to anxiety-ridden hypochondriacs is pita (pain in the ass).

#4 an EMG, properly done, is the gold standard test for ALS. But also, an abnormal EMG can indicate HUNDREDS of other, non-fatal, diseases. So listen to your doctor.

#5 ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

#6 Your doctor is wise to look at other diseases. ALS is rare. In order for it to be ALS, it has to be nothing else.

#7 Anxiety is what leads many folks here and it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can.

#8 ALS is about failing, not feeling, so forget the "feeling" symptoms

#9 Many of us cough/gag/choke and it is difficult to have anxious people constantly chasing this disease, when we can't escape it. It's downright offensive how there seems to be this cult of ALS wannabees/groupies. You don't want to fall into that bucket do you?

#10 If your main issue is twitching go to the bfs forum. If you have weird neuro symptoms try neurotalk. There are also forums for health anxiety.

FWIW & IIWII ... For What It's Worth and It Is What It Is!

Lastly, if you are still interested, search for "ALS from both sides" or "the abc's of als"

I will lock it Please know we are extra touchy tonight we have just lost our dear friend and my fellow moderator less than two hours ago. Our hearts are breaking at the loss of our Elaine ( Ottawa Girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back