Country
UK
State
UK
City
Leeds
Hi everyone!

Hope your all keeping safe!

Ive just got a quick question re; some symptoms. I’m not looking for any type of diagnosis or advise, just purely insight as to whether I should see my doctor, I won’t continue to ask loads of questions!

My symptoms are

an aching in my right thumb, between thumb and finger and the base and occasionally in my fingertips, like pins and needles. Aching in my right arm, like I’ve been sleeping on it. But has been about a week now.

I also have a clicking in my wrist but that feels like bone!

Mild dull cramp like feeling (although not harsh and painful like a regular cramp) in my left bicep.

Very occasional and minimal twitching in random muscles (right thigh, left shoulder and biceps recently) I’ve had a couple of occasions where the twitching has lasted a day or 2 but more recently I’m talking maybe one or 2 singular twitches every few hours.

Symptoms have been on and off for about a year but go for a few months with nothing then come back, they are very subtle and only I notice them as I’m hyper aware.

I haven’t gone to the docs as they are mild and I suppose can be explained. Also I have suffered from anxiety in the past (regular, not health. And years ago) and they seem very quick to blame everything on anxiety. I do appreciate it can be caused by anxiety.

Like I said, I’m not going to start asking loads of questions looking for reassurance but just keen to know if this sounds similar and I will book an appointment.

Thanks

I suppose you know that this sounds nothing like ALS. If the clicking and/or pins/needles continue, I would at least book a video appointment to demonstrate when/how it occurs. Likely there are daily exercises that could help, and there are many physios with YouTube channels though you might want to ask your GP to steer you.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks Laurie, it was more the aching in my right hand and slight cramps that lead my to think possible ALS. The clicking wrist really does seem like I’ve managed to do something to it and every so often I knock it and it starts clicking, I don’t think that’s related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back