AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer06

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Washington
I know I’m sure I am over reacting. And I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. I won’t continue to post here if everyone agrees this isn’t what I’m dealing with.

Every now and then I will randomly feel a dull ache sometimes in my shins and calf muscle and will travel up to my upper legs and even into my hip area. It feels kinda like a growing pain.

Sometimes after standing all day with it, I will feel some weird twitchy feelings inside the muscle but it’s not an actual twitch I can see. Just the only way to describe the feeling.

I’ve had the pain on and off for a few years now. Sometimes it happens a lot other times just once a month. Advil is usually enough to relieve the pain. Is this anything like the beginning of ALS?

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
Hi there- have a look at the link here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/26591-read-before-posting-answers-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html to reassure yourself.

MND is a neurological disorder that causes an absence of or abnormal signals from the brain to muscles. Sensory issues are not a part of ALS. Intermittent symptoms are also not indicative of ALS. If your pain is causing you to ask online about ALS, it's time to visit with a doctor or physiotherapist to help work on reducing pain.

Best of luck

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
WA
I'd check in with a podiatrist to get your gait/stance checked. You might need insoles, orthotics, new shoes, exercises. But you don't have ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Vincent

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
I'm guessing you wear heels. Try flats for a week, that should fix things.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock