Not open for further replies.

BrassCassanova

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello, first I would like to say how helpful and thorough this forum is set up has tremendously helped my anxiety (diagnosed).

I've begun having random twitching in my leg and arm and hand all on left side, along with left eye occasionally. I know twitching doesn't usually come first but of course all the random sites around Google say it can sometimes. I also have a weak feeling in my left leg and left hand. I'm trying to begin seeing a doctor but being a very recent veteran, it's a process to begin healthcare with the VA. I guess I'm just curious how serious this sounds? I also get some random spot pains in my hand and foot, again all left side. I know, especially my age, it's very unlikely to have Als but I can't get past the websites (even ALS foundation) that says twitching can be an onset. I have noticed no actual weakness other than the occasional trip or dropping of an item which I think I notice due to heighten awareness.

Thank you for reading!

Stop reading Google results and ALS sites, which are more individual stories, subject to memory and context, than generalizable fact.

As you say, awareness can create issues where there are none. I see no reason at all to worry about ALS. It is a good idea to set up care before you need it, though, so a primary care clinician can establish a baseline for you and assess your current issues. Then enjoy your retirement and thank you for your service.

Please, you can't really work things out like this.
Eye twitching has zero links to ALS.
Hope you get to a doctor soon as that is the only thing to do - what if this is something easy to treat if caught early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back