00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Hi All,

I am just looking to get some help and hopefully get some answers to determine if I should be worried or not.

Over the past couple of months I have been having weakness in my right arm and some in my right leg. It initially started with difficulty controlling a mouse and typing on a keyboard which started about a year ago. I can still do it, but it is a bit harder now. The same applies to when I use my phone. Its almost like my right arm is slow to respond. I feel like its increasingly clumsy and movements are slower. I know weakness is a sign of ALS. I don't think I have had cramps and fasciculations in my arms, but I do get a tingling and burning sensation in my bicep and my shoulder and forearm at times. My right elbow seems to make popping noises when I extend it as it if was stiff previously . This has been going on for almost a year. Is that something that is common in someone with ALS? From what I have read tingling sensations are not commonly associated with ALS. However, are muscle burning sensations associated with the weakness commonly seen in ALS or do you just experience weakness with no feeling?

I do have feelings in my legs sometimes feel like fasiculations, but they seem to be really quick and go away. Does the twitching in early ALS last a long time or come and go quickly?

I have been reading around, but I haven't been able to find out if there are any specific feelings associated with the weakness the people usually see in ALS. Any help would be appreciated, just to ease my mind a bit.

Thanks

You are correct that tingling points away from ALS so does burning. So does popping.
yes in ALS we do not feel weak- something just stops working. This has led me to keep trying to do something. I feel fine. It is hard to believe that I can not walk on tip toe or heels , stand on one leg etc etc etc but one day it stopped working and it never came back no matter how rested I might be.

twitches are non specific. Everyone twitches in all kinds of different ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back