Diagnosis
9/2017
Country
US
State
MO
City
Saint Charles
I have heard of a new compound (to me) that is like CBD but NOT CBD. It is called CBG. I saw the information from a company that is reputable, has their products independently tested, and I have bought from before. I wont mention the company, because, that is not the point. I just have some questions. Here they are.
1. Does anyone know anything about CBG?
2. Have you tried it, or know how it might help?
3. Does it help in way that are different then CBD?
4. Does it have the same restrictions when taking other medications? For example, you can't take CBD and Diazepam (Valium). Which I do take as a muscle relaxant.

Here is what the company says about CBG:
CBG (cannabigerol), one of more than 100 non-intoxicating cannabinoids found in hemp plants. CBG, like CBD, offers similar benefits to the mind and body including immune support and relief of muscle soreness. CBG may brighten your mood, promote a healthy inflammation response and help address occasional nausea.

While CBG may be new to you, medical researchers have studied the therapeutic potential of CBG for a number of years. This cannabinoid is the subject of preliminary studies on a host of chronic conditions, including autism, colon cancer, multiple sclerosis, Huntington’s Disease, and others.

During early growing stages, Cannabis sativa plants contain high concentrations of cannabigerolic acid, CBGA, before THC or CBD are present. As the plant matures, CBGA is converted to THCA, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, as well as CBDA, cannabidiolic acid, and CBCA, cannabichromenic acid. Because of its key role in biosynthesis for other cannabinoids, cannabigerolic acid is considered “The Mother of Cannabinoids.”

CBG interacts with both known sets of receptors of the ECS. They are called CB1 and CB2 and are believed to be linked with most of the body’s systems, including the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system, as well as the immune system. In humans, these receptors are abundant in the brain, immune cells, bone, liver, pancreas, skeletal muscle, blood vessels, kidneys, gastrointestinal and fatty tissue.

Thanks,
Joe

Hi, Joe,
The concern about cannabinoids increasing the effects of the Valium (shallow breathing being the major concern, since you're not driving) also applies to CBG. If you want to try using them both (other PALS have used cannabinoids + benzos), it would be a matter of titrating both so as to produce your best result. CBG is seemingly less likely to affect cognition, if that is a concern, but the latter would not apply to all CBD situations anyway.

There is limited research on CBG vs. CBD so this is one of these "start low, go slow" situations.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back