Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Ramsey
I have a question about split hand sign. Recently I noticed that the muscle at the bottom of my thumb/palm is smaller on my right hand than it is on my left. Normally I would attribute this to the fact that we aren’t perfectly proportional but I thought it was strange since I am right hand dominant. I admit that this is not something I ever paid attention to before so I have no way of knowing if this is new or if it’s always been like this. I have not experienced any weakness or loss of function. I have no issues with buttons, zippers, lids, twist ties, etc. My question is can you have muscle wasting without weakness/loss of function or do they go together?

Hello- please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

It addresses the issue of muscle symmetry vs actual ALS wasting/failure.

Thanks for the reply. I did read that post before posting (I’m a rules follower) and found it very helpful. I was just wondering if any perceived asymmetry even when it’s in favor of my weak side was a concern. From other posts I’ve read recently it does seem that any of these symptoms without weakness/failure is not cause for concern.

What did your doctor say about your hands?
That is the first place you need to go - you don't diagnose stuff like this yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back