Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nj
City
Nj
Hi, I know I have been here before but I just have a quick question and I don’t want to google....

I have body wide fasics- for over a year, no weakness but feel like I have mouth throat pnd drip issues, constant phlegm.

My question- when someone has bulber, and they have bodywide twitching. Is twitching from that muscle dying- for example their calf. Just like limb onset.
Or- from their nerves being over excited bodywide due to bulber muscles dying?

I am just anxious before my emg said incomplete relaxation of my tongue- not sure what that means.
But my jaw was clear.

Hope my question makes sense.

And thank you if you answer my question.

You’ve been here several times recently. Here was the most recent thread:

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/43374-still-have-concerns.html

You’ve been cleared of ALS, so your question really isn’t relevant. But no, twitching does not mean the muscle is dying. In BFS, there is no dying of nerves or muscles. In ALS, nerves die, muscles lose their signal from the nerve and undergo atrophy. Twitching is a byproduct of that process.

There’s no longer any need for you to keep coming back here. Best wishes and farewell.

I understand and appreciate your response.
Reason I asked is because I joking an online bfs support group.
And well almost all members have body wide-
Then they start to have bulber issues- I am assuming for the anxiety.
But was just looking for a concrete answer on a topic that no one can seem to answer. And would relax many of the bfs members.
Many members as I worry that our nerves in our limbs that have clean emgs are just twitching due to over excitement of our nerves from number nerves actually dying.
Since we start to get symptoms.
But I’ll take your reply as a possitive.
Thanks and I appreciate what you have done for me trying to get out of this anxiety over symptoms.

Tom, I'm going to quote a small part of your post "...I just have a quick question and I don’t want to google...."

While I understand this forum is used as a valuable resource for the health anxious, there really needs to be an understanding that folk with ALS and their caregivers come here for support themselves. Perhaps that statement didn't come out right, but it looks like you couldn't be bothered to use a search engine to answer a question you were curious about and decided to return to a forum for very ill people to satisfy that curiosity.

There's no need to answer this, as I am sure this was not your intent, but I think it's important to identify this for future readers in case there's a thought that this is one of the functions of this forum. It really shouldn't be.

Sjtom, this is not a BFS forum.

I see you are still on the forum. The best thing you can do for yourself
is to sign off. There is nothing here that can help you any further.

No need to reply.

I don’t google because I’ve learned from this site that it’s bad to google bad info.
Thanks for your time.

After starting several threads, asking numerous questions, and receiving answers from forum members who have ALS, there is no need for you to be here anymore continuing to pester with your non-ALS questions.

I wish you all the best in the future and I do sincerely hope you seek counseling for health anxiety as well as why you find it so appealing to come back again and again to a site for dying people. No need to reply...ever.

Take good care and best of luck to you.

Mod note- closing thread. Information asked for and received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back