PALS
Country
US
State
AR
City
Dover
Hello everyone,
I got my appointment with UAMS on 10/30/07.. it feels like such a long time away!
My symptoms seem to be changing again :( The muscle twitches had stopped for a couple of weeks but, now they are back! After looking at some posts by other members i came across symptoms displayed on ALS websites.. I have cramping in both my hands and feet both hands and both feet are affected... the muscle twitches seem to be all over but dont last 24/7.. My feet seem to have a vibrating sensation in them and my hands seem to be week and almost like my thumbs are hard to control.. there is no atrophy any where on my body that i can see and i can still lift 40 pound weights.. my arms seem to have a tingly sensation at times. After seeing that als starts in the hands and feet which i am having i am starting to get worried again :cry: Can this still be something other than ALS?

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems,,,,,,, have you had an EMG? There are over 100 conditions that can cause these signs/symptoms so please do not jump to the conclusion of ALS,,,,,,, what makes you think ALS over all of the other conditions associated with those symptoms..........

It seems to me that muscle twitches stopping for a couple of weeks is a good sign, as many PALS have observed the twichting never goes away once it starts. Also, hand weakness may be subjective. Do you have any objective proof that your hands are weaker now than before. Also, ALS usually presents as unilateral weakness, then it spreads. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back