Not open for further replies.

planningguy

Country
US
State
Wyoming
City
Sheridan
This is just a quick question as I sit here in limboland.

As I have mentioned it seems, like a couple of symptoms are on the move. My left wrist and hand trouble me the most, but I am also having trouble in my elbows and knees.

One of the odder things that has accompanied this is a feeling of "warmth" in my limbs. It's not a hot flash type feeling (Though I do always seem to be running a little hot these days), more like my limbs have been wrapped in a cozy blanket. The only other time I can recall feeling something similiar is when I was given a sedative when I came into ER with my blood infection a while back.

Has anyone experienced something similiar? Does anyone know if its indicative of anything?

Thanks and best wishes,

Robert

Robert I am a limbolander myself - can't say I have had that one. I have had some fleeting burning sensations in fingers though. Also when my head and face muscles are so tight it feels like my head is really hot - not cozy like you describe.

Hmm... must be a weird one just for me. I was hoping soeone would confirm my polyester allergy theory, and this could all be over.

Robert

Huh, I actually noticed that as I progress with my arm symptoms I am freezing all most all of the time, especially my hands. Not really sure why.
And Im in the desert, go figure LOL :D

Robert,

last winter when this all started I had a feeling of warmth or burning my thigh. The one that now has thinning. It felt like a warm water bottle or warm water running on my leg. I got in that leg alot. Then for awhile I got in the arm and felt warm or sensitive to my clothes, that did not last long. But it was only in that leg. I dont have anymore.

bravo

My hands are always cold, my kids cringe when I put there clothes on! But I really do think that I have always had cold and hands and feet.

ps. I have trouble with my elbows and knees as well.......

Robert and April, didn't both of you have blood infections before your current problems started? It seems like you have similarities in many of your symptoms.

Rose,

I've often wondered that, if there was something lingering in the body. My brother's experience with infection has shown me that it can be very very difficult to get rid of (I can't recall how many surgeries he's had offhand but it's well over a dozen). Granted the reason for his infection makes it a whole lot more likely to have repeat/lingering infection, but its not unreasonable to assume that something got into the bone or CNS before it was caught.

Maybe I'm just straining my brain again trying to find an answer. Got to let the medicos do their job...

Rose & Robert,

I had a colon infection ( colstridium difficle: sp?) that was recurrent and turned into psduemembranous colotits. My whole body was in dehydration and needed IV. I was in and out of hosp for 4 months. 6 weeks after giving birth. I was treated with strong antibiotics and fungals (flagy and vancomicin) are known to cause neruopthies. But I was told that I dont have neuropthy. (I hoped/hope I did and was not detected). I really thought in the spring that this was the cause of my problems and my cns was comprised in some way. I thought that in time things would heal or get better, but it just does not seem to be healing or getting better. So, it is hard to tell.......

I think that the burning feeling that I had in my leg was from the medicine or the infection. I dont have that feeling anymore.

Robert,

I can ditto the wrist trouble (right side) but its probably because my arm muscles aren't working very well. I don't go around looking for atrophy and wouldn't recognize it if I saw it any way (what is it - dimples? ridges? pokadots?)

I get a burning feeling in my right big toe and that has been on and off for several months. I haven't been able to lift things if I they have to be reached for, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

I don't think I'll be checking my wardrobe for polyester. (wouldn't know it if I saw it anyway...)

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back