Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
City
Dyer
Good morning. I posted a couple years ago on this forum regarding symptoms that were troubling me. I saw two different neurologists and had two EMGS clearing me of ALS. I was doing well and didn't think much about it until late April of this year.

I was cleaning in my house when it became difficult for me to maneuver my thumb on my dominant hand that has stayed since that time. I can still grip, however it doesn't seem as strong as previous. Along with that the twitching has started again primarily in both of my calves, it is non-stop with little relief, only coming at night.

Now that quite a bit of time has passed since the original symptoms could this potentially be the starting of ALS? Should I start the process of getting a new EMG lined up?

Thank you for your input.

Past thread here:

That last thread was just over 5 years ago- if you had ALS you would have been severely compromised by now. You can leave ALS behind.

No, you should not pursue another EMG as you would be taking that spot from someone who actually needs it. What you should do is be eternally grateful for the long life ahead of you free of a terminal illness.

Good luck to you and take good care.

Goodness me, 5 years chasing this. Please get help, but it is not found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back