Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you find out what the EMG showed we will be more able to tell if you should worry though if your exam does not show upper motor neuron signs and clinical weakness you won’t meet the diagnostic criteria for ALS as you need more than the EMG. If the emg is suspicious though after ruling out mimics they would be following you closely

Did he explain what a 'full' EMG was going to be?

If ALS was presenting itself in your legs an EMG would have alerted him to that.

As you wrote... "could run around the block. My legs are shot. They are weak. Calf twitching is constant."

He did the EMG right where it was needed to be done to show any indication of ALS.

Again, him wanting to do a 'full' EMG (whatever that is) is a good indication he may be looking
for something else. Hope for that.

I think whatever is going on... ALS is not in the consideration. Good news!

Last edited:
In addition to my other symptoms, the past 2 nights have been weird. I have been waking up freezing but soaked in sweat. When I get out of bed I feel very unsteady. Another medical mystery. 3 months so far and feeling worse!

George hon go back to your doctor. You are not describing ALS even a tiny bit, so I'm sorry but we can't do anything to help you.

To clarify, George, please wait until you have test results to post before you post again.

As for waking up freezing/sweaty, that can be anything from a bad dream to a bad dinner.

I have my emg scheduled for next week. I will post update. In the meantime my legs getting weaker by the day. I can't be on my feet for more than 20-30 minutes before I have to sit down. Everyone keeps saying no ALS but I haven't heard any other possibilities. Feeling like a matter of time before I start tripping.

Again, not describing ALS and the folks here have so patiently and respectfully have said so. Please be respectful in return and post AFTER you've had your EMG results, as you've been asked to. As you've not described ALS, I'm confident your EMG results will concur.

Take good care and I look forward to your post AFTER your consult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back