Not open for further replies.

WorriedSick81

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Never thought I would be back on this forum. I have to go through another EMG as I have developed clinical atrophy and pain in the shoulder area. My neuromuscular doc is pretty sure it is likely a an issue with the rotator cuff or labrum but wants to tread cautiously to be certain. I haven't had any problems with fasiculations or even had one in ages. Has anyone ever heard of someone that has ALS but absolutely no twitching. I know people post here all the time about twitching and thinking they have ALS. How about no twitching and muscle atrophy only. Is that even thing. Hope everyone is doing well and merry christmas.

It sounds like something local in your shoulder. I would think any doctor would order an MRI of your shoulder.

I can only speak for myself. I had localized twitches where ALS started (left leg.)

If I were you, ALS would be off my radar.

This question was asked and answered in your last post. Go read that for your answer.

Good luck to you.

Of course, you can have ALS without twitching, but why you would return to that rabbit hole, I have no idea. Your own doc thinks it's a localized injury or other condition. I expect the EMG will be reassuring.

Piling on as the fourth senior member to say - don't do it, back away from the rabbit hole!
Let your doctor do their job.

Because the neuromuscular doctor said the atrophy is concerning and needs to rule out ALS even though it is unlikely.

It is up to you how you deal with this now while the tests are done.
But until you have the EMG results, please don't continue posting here, it won't help anything.

Hi Kim, my mri of my shoulder was normal unfortunately. That doesn't mean it's still not a localized issue. There was a more specialized test where they inject the dye directly into the labrum and then do the imaging. Just going through the motions.

I asked a basic question and then get belittled by a bunch of miserable people. Sorry I even asked a normal question. Good bye and closing my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back