Not open for further replies.

lydia

Country
US
State
ny
City
buffalo
(Zaphoon, Olly, I know you have dealt with spasticity.....)

To remind you all, my leg muscles, particularly the hamstrings, have been so tight and stiff and sore...It has been my primary complaint. The most debilitating of all my so-called issues. Impacting balance, stamina, and so on...I frequently wondered if what I was experiencing was spasticity (gone over this sooooo many times, I will spare you the lengthy recap).

But here is the thing----it went away. Just like that. Overnight. I have lived with this problem front and center for more than 10 months to have it just go away? What does that mean? I think this is a very important clue in itself. Yes I am gloriously happy that my legs seem almost normal again, but completely perplexed over what it all means. It has to mean something.

It has been almost a full 2 weeks since my legs became normal-ish, no matter what I do to them. Long enough to know it is not a fluke. They are better. The other issues remain (stiff elbow, fine motor issues left hand, scuffing left foot, tripping right foot, 24-7 widespread twitches, slurring, drooling, the rubber band around ribs, and the latest-the buzzing of various body parts, etc) but this particular issue is gone (for the time being? forever?).

I am on supplements to promote cellular health; could that be it? After 8 weeks of taking them? I expected something more immediate, but if it takes 2 months for impact, then so be it...if that is even what this improvement is due to.

Could it be that perhaps I have an MS thing going on...where you have flare-ups and then they go away? Can you have a flare-up that lasts for so long? My MRI was before the stiffness/soreness thing even started, maybe an MRI would show something now.

I see my thoughtful GP on Monday. What timing! I wonder what he will say.

Lydia,

It is certainly good news, hearing your hamstrings are normal-ish!:grin:
I think it was spasticity in your hamstrings.

You're thinking the same thing I thought (MS) when my spasticity lightened up on me in the fall. I thought my condition had remitted so much that I could have MS. Ah, shucks! Alas, the MRI's (with contrast) were unremarkable. Having said that, the spastictiy only lightened up a good deal but did not go away completely. It just made it easier to get out of bed, bend, stoop and walk.

Since you still have your other troubling symptoms, I would say you could still have the same "whatever". On the other hand, you may have a condition that is self-healing and who knows, maybe all of your symptoms will go away.

I hope you get back to 100%! It would be nice if your body decided to heal itself completely!

Your question about supplements - absolutely it could take 2 months for effects to be realized. Your question about MS - There are some types of MS that are aggressive and it is a disease with as much variety as ALS or PLS. So, the short answer to your MS question is yes but I'm no expert. Let's hope you are going through a healing phase of things and that you will soon return to normal.

Zaphoon

Last edited:
hi lydia

after taking several years to rule out ms with me i think asking for another mri is a good idea.
in the early years with relapsing/remitting ms its a case of trying to catch it in some,thats why they recommend a mri about every 6mths or within a certain time limit of new or relapsing symptoms.
before my diagnosed and last mri my neuro said he felt it was more specific than ms......................that is ms is multiple/general and pls is primary/focal.

i had a neuro ability appointment this morning,finally i am getting a leg/foot brace thing (sorry minds gone blank)
also a emg for my left leg and foot to determine if the atrophy is lmn or disuse.
botox was also mentioned for the calf/foot cramps :roll:,dont really want that but asked if they could use a little on my face...............obvious reply was if she had a pound for everytime someone asked that:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back