Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
GA
City
Mableton
Tell me what you do about bras? I have a real hard time fastening them now with the weakness in both hands and my husband has polio in his left arm so he can't fasten them either. I don't mind being braless at home but when I go out I would like to wear one. Sport bras are a pain too. Thanks for any advise.

What about tanks or camisoles? I don't know how much support you need, but they are much easier to get on and off than sports bras and don't require any fastening.

Is it the hooks that cause you difficulity? If not, try a front-close bra. Sears has some good models from Vanity fair. I can't do a sports bra either as it takes too much strength to pull on.

For me the hooks are getting to be the real issue. I looked up some adaptive device web sites and all I could find was something called a "Bra-Angel" but from looking at the picture I couldn't begin to figure out what you would do with one. Maybe an OT could suggest something.

Liz

Liz, Let me ask my sister. She works for that Independent Living Center that I told MT about. She's a resource and referral counselor and knows a lot about this kind of thing. Back to you later...Cindy

Hi Liz,
If you know anyone that can sew we took front hooking bra and put velcro instead of hooks also I went to a specialty store for cancer patients and they had several already made with velcro because surgery patients cant lift their arms and the velcro is easy to use and they have to have the support. You might be able to find on line if you look in this area. good luck
Pam

Pam -

Great suggestions. Thank you.

Liz

Rhonda said:
Tell me what you do about bras? I have a real hard time fastening them now with the weakness in both hands and my husband has polio in his left arm so he can't fasten them either. I don't mind being braless at home but when I go out I would like to wear one. Sport bras are a pain too. Thanks for any advise.
Victoria Secret Has great front closure Thats what I use.:-D

Rhonda said:
Hi I have the same problem I hook my before I putit on and then I walk into it and pull it up over my hips up into my arms and pull it up that way. te bra has to be somewhat loose to pullm up over your hips. hope this helps Pat

Great sugestions, ladies. We are something when we put our heads together, aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back