09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
can you move toes on dropped foot?

my foot (right) dropped 11 months ago. tried to avoid wheelchair, but it was impossible. afo? no way. by june my toes curled, i couldnt see small finger on right foot because my foot simply - fold. it looked just like didnt use foot since i was kid.
june-november 2019 - pause. no toes movement.
in november my toes started to move, foot isnt anymore folded (?), i can move foot, i can lift it app 50%, but it has no strength.
i think it has cosmetic value, not functional cause my foot and toes dont have any strength. foot - i will be able to walk on toes if i am heavy 20 pounds. i can move all toes except big finger. i can squeeze it (wrong term, i know), but it's normal position is fold for 30 degrees.
really, noone to ask...

I've had drop foot on the left for about 18 months and on the right for about a year. My toes still curl and straighten at this point. I can't pull my foot up beyond about 120 degrees instead of 90 but can still extend it out when I am seated. I know this doesn't provide much help. Sorry. It must be so frustrating to put on shoes with that curl!

I don't have drop foot but my toes on both feet are curled. Every night I straighten them and hold them. It seems to help stop night cramps in my feet which can hurt like heck.

... My toes still curl and straighten at this point. I can't pull my foot up beyond about 120 degrees instead of 90 but can still extend it out when I am seated.
do you reffer to left, right or both feet?

I’ve got foot drop in both feet and there is just about no movement in either one now after 2 years. I have no toe curls because I wear afos during the day and sleep Boots at night to prevents contracture.

At first it was just my left but now my right foot is doing the same.
seems that your feet are affected in a special way. your foot mobility is the same? can you move toes even they are curled?

My toes aren’t permanently curled as of this time. I can kind of still bend/curl them at will and they straighten back out in a normal position.

I have left foot drop . Not being able to wiggle those toes and lack of ease of picking things up with them, indicated there was something wrong. Then they gradually got numb. I can wiggle them downward a little bit when lying down. However, I believe there will come a "no more wiggling" day.

At night, I use a foot splint (black - left) to try to keep feet up. During the day I use foot pillows (blue) to protect heels. Positioning blue foot pillows against a folded bed pillow against the end of the hospital bed, helps keep them more upright without the stiffness. May Blessings abound 🌻 B :cool: .
1584141555655.png
1584142628519.png

Attachments

• 1584142590743.png
    1584142590743.png
    672.7 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back