Status
Not open for further replies.
Nina, glad you're feeling a bit better. Being tired and tense seems like a CALS status quo to me. My shoulders muscles feel like metal springs most of the time, even though I go swimming at least once a week. A mental effort here and there to relax posture, open the ribcage to breath and pulling my shoulders down would probably help.
Something getting better again is a pretty bulletproof way of knowing it's not ALS. That's something that should reassure you immensely. With every loss my PALS had it was a final loss.

Interessting to go into family history under the new light. I haven't heard of very sudden breathing issues with ALS yet. All the failure is gradual and only complications with an ongoing condition would make sense to me.

Please bare with me. Been feeling really tired and sluring has been really bad the past few days. I decided to send you pics of my tongue and also a pic of my feet. I noticed my right feet suddenly has a gap or something. Is this foot atrophy? Im i going crazy? What do u think? My sisters are upset saying im seeing things going crazy.

Please bare with me. Been feeling really tired and sluring has been really bad the past few days. I decided to send you pics of my tongue and also a pic of my feet. I noticed my right feet suddenly has a gap or something. Is this foot atrophy? Im i going crazy? What do u think? My sisters are upset saying im seeing things going crazy.
Dont kill me ok? Is my tongue normal?

Attachments

• 20180619_213441.jpg
    20180619_213441.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 20180619_213403.jpg
    20180619_213403.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 20180619_213334.jpg
    20180619_213334.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 151
Nina, you said on the 7th that the slurring was better, now you say it's worse. That doesn't happen in ALS.

But it does happen with being tired, as CALS usually are. Try to work out a way to get more sleep, or better sleep, or both, and I'm betting your symptoms will get better, too.

I don't see anything abnormal in your pics.

Thank u. I need to get over this. Also i must note that when i read i rarely slur.

Lgeb and Wishmobbing did y giys had such thoughts or even symptoms like i have? I mean im the only care giver who is was scared? Influenced by the situation? I keep noticing mums symptoms and then all of a sudden i check them on me. I keep trying to remember when my neck mouth issues appeared. Definitely after mums diagnosis but i do remember slurring a couple of words earlier byt tgat was slso during tbe whole time we were searching for what is wrong with her. I feel my mouth full of saliva my neck stretched tensed, my tongue twitching at the tip especially when i drink or eat something sweet. I feel my mouth tongue as if its numb tired. I check my legs. My left leg was always a bit thinier and more weak. I check my hands if i can lift stuff. My hands fingers are nervous i drop things constantly. God. I know im tiring you. I feel frustrated.

Wish and I wouldn't fear familial disease as we were/are not related by blood to a PALS, as you are. Maybe someone reading this who is a child of a PALS can speak to your fear. But don't be afraid to seek counseling and/or medication, whatever you need to calm yourself so you can help your mom and yourself.

Even when your mom was not yet diagnosed, I am sure you were tired and nervous, which dries out the mouth and then you can slur. And being tired compounds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back