00/0000
Country
US
State
AL
City
Helena
Hello,
It’s been a year since I last posted. My previous thread is closed. I had a question for the group.
Can ALS present with soreness in back, shoulders and neck? I have been twitching in calves and randomly body wide for 14 months and had a clean EMG in August. I’m worried that the soreness is happening due to weakness in the muscles in the back/ neck and other muscles are overcompensating.

Mod note, past thread here: Advice about EMG result

Normal times, I'd recommend you visit with a physiotherapist to set your mind at ease and get some appropriate feedback about strength and stretching, etc. It's pretty hard for a bunch of strangers on the internet to provide you the advice and guidance you actually need. It's also very likely you won't receive the reassurance you need here because access to normal doctors' appointments are severely restricted.

These are stressful times and that can be expressed in many different ways. It's so hard to explain to folk why what they think is compelling proof of ALS just simply does not sound like it. There are so many other signs that go along with a neurological disease- pain and twitching is really general- and forum posting can not bring the reassurance or appropriate medical attention you desire.

Thanks for the response. Believe me, I feel embarrassed that I am back posting here again. It’s just that I’m 54 and have had lots of back pain before. This is different and not something that I have experienced or felt before. Hard to describe and very troubling.

Not even a 0.00001% chance that is ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back