strikeout

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Brick
We are in the process of adding a handicapped bathroom for my husband. We are purchasing a Toto Washlet. I was wondering if anybody can tell me which is the better choice - a separate remote or the bulky looking one that is attached. Seems like it could get in the way. I am so afraid of making mistakes after this is all finished. Also I was just going to have a hand held shower on a 36" slide bar installed. Should I also have them put in a regular shower head with a diverter? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

My new remodeled bathroom should be finished in about a week. I am so excited.

I bought a bidet toilet seat with remote. Someone can stand across the room and activate it for me. No need for them reach and search under my hanging over thighs to find the control. The idea is to not have anyone do anything other than transfer.

I turned by 7x7 bathroom into a shower room of sorts. Wheel up to sink, toilet and shower with a bar for the handheld shower faucet to go up and down.

Sharonca

Thanks so much for your help. I feel better about my decisions.

renovations

We use a slide bar shower head.....it is the way to go. My husband can shower, and I can use the portable shower head to get those hard to reach places. Also, I can turn the water on with the shower head down so that he will not be hit by cold water while it is warming up. We did use a diverter for an overhead rain shower, do not really use. So, I would just stick with the sliding bar/hand held shower head. We got a Moen brand and are very happy. Also, the bidet we have has a bulky remote. My husband keeps it on a small table where he can lead forward and press the buttons. I can use it easily if need be. I was so nervous about making all the right choices.....the bathroom renovations are expensive. Good luck. Fondly, KR

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions. You guys are the greatest!

Barbie4 has a friend with the Toto. The PALS husband is Rolark. If you do a search on bidets or toilets you might find posts from them on it.
AL.

new washlet

My husband pal has wanted a washlet since diagnosis in 2006. Thanks to his mother's generosity, we had a Toto s400 installed last week. They say that you can do it yourself, but we got a plumber. My pal loves it! We got the remote so I can activate from around the door when he loses use of hands completely. His only criticism is that the dryer could be stronger. I think getting the washlet has relieved one of his major concerns about not being able to do for himself. :smile:

We installed a ToTo Washlet s300 a few months ago and it is wonderful. We got it with the remote and I would strongly recommend it. It also came with on-demand hot water, this way you never have to worry about running out.

Has anyone had experience with a Swash bidet seat? They are less costly then Toto Washlets. They are sold at Home Depot and Lowes.

I have a Brondell Swash which I purchased from Home Depot online. And then I bought another made by Brondell sold under the Jacquzzi name on e-bay. $400. It is exactly the same. With remote and all the bells and whistles. Save money and check on e-bay.

I've been looking at Bio Bidet, specifically the BB-1000. Anyone have any experience?

I am thinking about the Bio Bidet BB-250. When we did the bathroom I put a hot water connection by the toilet but I haven't bought it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back