00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Melbourne
Hello Everyone-

I noticed the splash page of the ALSNews website contained the following fact - "If you are a parent with MS, you have a 50% chance of passing on the ALS chromosone." In all of my research on ALS, I have never run across this statistic. Does anyone know this to be true or is this a potential mistatement? I've attached a screenshot from the website.

Attachments

• Inkedquestion_LI.jpg
    Inkedquestion_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
It must be in error as there is no ALS chromosome.

Thank you KarenNWendyn. That's what I though also. I've reached out to them to ask they look at it but havent heard back.

Certainly some kind of typo/ misinformation. I didn’t see it when I went to their page just now so maybe they fixed it?

if you are a person with genetic ALS ( FALS) which is only about 10 percent of all ALS then your children each have a 50 percent chance of inheriting your specific FALS mutation of which there are quite a few

Thanks Nikki J. The company that owns that website owns other "like" websites such as multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com and my thought is they inadvertently copied some data/stats from one of those other websites onto the ALS site.

I just went and their page looks nothing like what you showed - maybe you were at a fake site pretending to be them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back