Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nj
City
bayonne
okay i wanna now what they do when they first see you. beside ask you a bunch of questions about your health history. can they rule als out just by the first visit or is there a process they go thru to rule it out. just asking cause i don't have any medical coverage and their is no als clinic were i'm living right now. the neuro's i've called are around 350 and 400 dollars. jsut don't want to spend money like that if i have to keep going back if nothings wrong. it's hard for me with 3 kids and all.

okay i wanna now what they do when they first see you. beside ask you a bunch of questions about your health history. can they rule als out just by the first visit or is there a process they go thru to rule it out. just asking cause i don't have any medical coverage and their is no als clinic were i'm living right now. the neuro's i've called are around 350 and 400 dollars. jsut don't want to spend money like that if i have to keep going back if nothings wrong. it's hard for me with 3 kids and all.

have you been to your General Practitioner? I know they are not in any way expert in ALS, and i'm not familiar with your symptoms, but a good GP should be able to give you a thorough Neurological exam, testing strength, reflexes, sensation etc. And according to nearly everything i have read and heard, a normal neurological exam (no clinical weakness, normal reflexes, normal babinski response etc), even from a non-neuro is very reassuring.

thanks i went to her today and she wasn't that worried about my 9 pound weight drop in 1 month and 9 days. but since i've been stressing over this do i have it or don't i. i now have been put on a water pill because my blood pressure is too high for my age. but i did what you said and told her about the twitches and she wasn't to worried about them. and as far as the weight lose and it starting to hang a lil. she told me that all people are different and they weight decides to fall were ever it wants. so thanks again for your input. godbless from michael :-D

turned 29 5 months ago. why?

You have that on your side too, not impossible, but pretty rare in people under 40. I think I read a stat that only 5% of people with ALS are under 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back