Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ONtario
City
London
Since the begining of all of this I have had difficulty walking, not falling, just kind of like I have forgotten how to walk properly. The leg that has the atrophy feels like it is "longer" than the other leg and I have kind of a "humpy" walk, with the odd leg feeling like my hip is rolling. This causes butt discomfort (same cheek that goes whacko at night). The roll seems to get bigger after I have climbed a set of stairs (the bad leg feels like the whole leg is working to get up the stair, like I can feel every muscle).

Any input? I have googled gait all over the place and I am not finding any answers.

I have a full EMG study next Friday, and I want to try to better explain what is going on in my leg.

I forgot to mention that after I have been walking for a bit, the back of my thigh and my butt twitch.

Last edited:
Hi Loriliz,

I am not sure on the gait but I have that feeling with my leg that has lost some muscle. When I walk I can feel all my muscles working in my calf. I mean normally you just walk and dont think much of it untill one day you notice that tight and loose feeling. I get the twitching in the same area after walking alot. Where is the atrophy on your leg and how did it start? Is this your first emg?

april

The atrophy that the doctor noted is in my hands and my right calf and foot. The thigh area is hard to tell, but half my ass is missing as well. Normally not something I would whine about, but I would prefer a matched set.

Yes, this is my first EMG, although I had an "unremarkable" NCV about six months ago.

Your funny!

The first neuro noted slight atrophy in my hand as well. Then I noted the one in my anke/foot/calf, when I showed her intially it was questionable. BUT, know it is obvious on my outer lower calf/ankle and the side of knee and my thigh over the last 2 months. I lost my butt, evenly. Stange for me, never had a problem and kinda liked my butt, now it is gross! My stomach muscles are all but gone. This is strange!

I wish you luck at your emg and keep us posted.

april

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back