Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Battle creek
First and foremost, let me say that I'm not a professional and I don't want to question my neurologist since he is the and Dr in the als clinic here where I live. I am co fident in his decisions with me saying I do not have als and so I'm not on the als thing anymore. However. While he was doing the emg he never looked at the screen. Instead he "listened" to it and then said "normal" and moved into the next muscle and listened again. I asked him why he wasn't looking at the screen and he told me he hears it better than sees it. Does this sound right?

You should change your profile as you are not being diagnosed with MND at all.

Doctors tend to be really really really smart people.

Go celebrate, honestly it's not good for you to remain here.

Unbelievable. That's all I've got.

:( I wish you all could understand im in no way trying to upset anyone. And I'm not going after als anymore. I realise I dont have it. However plenty people here have had them done here and I wanted to see of my experience was similar as I was under the impression emg was read based off wave patterns not listening to it :(

Sound plays a big part in EMGs from my knowledge. Listen to your doctor. Celebrate. You don't have ALS. Perhaps the time has come move on from here and into a happier place.

Thank you lifeenthusiast for your response. My apologies to those I've annoyed or upset. I called the mayo clinic and talked to the nuerology department and they confirmed the first part where they shock you is based on site. Whereas the needle part is sound. So to those who wonder the same if you do an experienced neurologist can tell a normal from abnormal needle emg based off of sound. I'm done here. Thank you to those who've put up with me through this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back