Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado Springs
Hello, thanks for your time and assistance. I've read the two 'Before You Post' threads; thanks, that was helpful information.

My question is regarding early signs, so I'm going to describe my symptoms over the last two weeks.
  • about two weeks ago I noticed my knees felt tight and swollen while going up and down stairs, no problem, ignored it (they are swollen or have fluid atm)
  • for a few days after I had a spread of numb/tingly feelings on both legs from about the knees down
  • the feeling is now the same numb/tingly, but also tight muscles and occasional cramping of calves or shin muscles. It happens like clockwork every morning when I move my feet for the first time, my calf or shin will cramp up
  • the numbness and tingling is now in both arms as well, biceps on down, and I get fatigued very easy. My arms feel like I've been working out all day
  • additionally, I have rapid weight loss. At the doctors a few days ago he said 15 pounds in about a week and a half. I've been weighing my self every morning and it seems like I'm losing about a pound a day almost...
I suppose my questions is: do these ealry symptoms sound familiar to that of someone diagnosed with ALS?

Needless to say, I have a GP doctors appointment this week.

Thanks again, appreciate any help.

You don’t have ALS.
You very likely have inflammatory arthritis causing swelling in your knees and this can cause tightness behind your knees and in your calves. There are many types of inflammatory arthritis, and many are autoimmune and can be associated with weight loss and other systemic symptoms.

Your symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with ALS.
Do see your GP and get him/ her to refer you to a rheumatologist.

Thank you for your fast replies and apologies for wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back