AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Question about CQ-10 and Statins

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB1977

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
oh
I have read on the internet interesting articles linking statins and ALS. My questions is this- I have taken CQ-10 INSTEAD of Lipitor for high cholesterol for the past 2 years. My doctor told me that CQ-10 has the same active ingrediant as Lipitor. If this is true, logic would say that CQ-10 could also cause ALS...correct? I am now having some symptoms that could be ALS, but I am far from a diagnosis. I have also read though that CQ-10 might help slow progression...so what is the deal? Is CQ-10 safe or no? Here is a link of a website that I was reading.

[
CB in Ohio

Last edited by a moderator:

Al

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
Statin drugs have been linked in a study to accelerate progression of ALS but no relation to it Causing ALS was found at the time. I've never heard of CO Q10 being used to lower cholesterol. Just a guess but maybe 7 of 10 taking supplements for ALS are taking COQ10. I don't think I've ever heard of adverse effects either.

AL.

wright

Very helpful member
Country
US
State
xx
STOP READING ALL OF THE SHIT THAT IS ON THE INTERNET. That is exactly what got you so worried about a disease there is no evidence you have.

There is no link between Lipitor and ALS . . . NONE! A side-effect of Lipitor can be muscle weakness, but that's where it stops. I'm not even going to bother reading that link, because it would be a complete waste of keystrokes.

Co-Q10 is a powerful anti-oxidant and I assure you, it doesn't cause ALS.

Go relax and sit tight before your neuro appointment.

Al

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
I just went back to that link and they were selling way too much crap for my liking. I removed it.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock