Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RO
State
IS
City
Iasi
i have read the FAQ but i still find hard to answer to what is happening to me. im 25 years old, and for the last 3 years i ve had 4 neuro examinations, all without any pathological signs, merely some hyperactive reflexes 3 years ago. the examinations were for my overall tremble and subjective loss of strength. for the past month, i ve noticed that after working out at the gym my right hand`s pinky had a bit of a lag when rising fingers, and when trying to hold straight he would go down a little. this thing cleared itself after a few days, the strength went back to normal but when i do started checkin myself and doing like over 50 fingers extensions, my last 2 fingers start to fall behind. can i clasify this to clinical weakness?

What is happening to you is, as nearly as I can make out, nothing. Pinkies are weak since we do not use them as much. After 50 extensions, it is quite natural that your pinky and adjoining finger would be fatigued. You cannot classify this as clinical weakness, or, indeed, weakness at all. Why you have felt that you needed four neuro exams I cannot say, but if you have health anxiety, that is what you should be treating.

Enjoy your healthy life. You do not belong here.

Best,
Laurie

What is happening to you is, as nearly as I can make out, nothing. Pinkies are weak since we do not use them as much. After 50 extensions, it is quite natural that your pinky and adjoining finger would be fatigued. You cannot classify this as clinical weakness, or, indeed, weakness at all. Why you have felt that you needed four neuro exams I cannot say, but if you have health anxiety, that is what you should be treating.

Enjoy your healthy life. You do not belong here.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie, i have read many, many of your comments, and i just want to thank you for taking a moment to help me aswell. My concern was raised by the fact that the same amount of repetition does not raise any issue in the other hands 4th and 5th fingers. My neuro exams were for aggravating tremble, lack of subjective strength and, what i have forgotten to mention, fasciculations.

Just because it is more in one hand does not make it important. If you think about it, there are many unimportant conditions that occur on one side or the other. You can find hand exercises on YouTube to help strengthen your fingers if you want to try (endless repetition is not the way). You could also work with a hand therapist. But if that is the only hand problem, it does not seem very urgent.

As you will also have read, fasciculations do not concern us unless they show up in an exam with other things that you did not have, thankfully. So we'd still say that you are in the clear.

Just because it is more in one hand does not make it important. If you think about it, there are many unimportant conditions that occur on one side or the other. You can find hand exercises on YouTube to help strengthen your fingers if you want to try (endless repetition is not the way). You could also work with a hand therapist. But if that is the only hand problem, it does not seem very urgent.

As you will also have read, fasciculations do not concern us unless they show up in an exam with other things that you did not have, thankfully. So we'd still say that you are in the clear.

thank you again, very much!

Looking to close this thread by mentioning that i had an EMG, deltoid, first interosseous muscle and calf muscles on the LEFT side of my body, which came out normal (i assume this rules out lessions on the right side/bulbar aswell). My symptoms still dwell, and i ve noticed that now in the cold, since winter is coming, my face muscles take way longer to relax than they should, or used to. to what pathology this points, i dont know, this did not used to happen to me, but i guess not towards ALS? wheter this gets answered or not by someone, just wanted to thank you and let anymoderator know that they can delete/or block/close this post or i dont know what the right thing to do with it is.

Congrats on your unsurprisingly normal EMG. Yes, ALS causes visible nerve damage bilaterally, so a normal L side EMG puts you in the clear. Hypersensitivity to cold is not nerve damage, but you may be able to help it by improving your sleep, hydration and nutrition. When we do not get enough refreshing sleep, for example, every stimulus is magnified.

I would suggest that you seek out a legitimate doctor or counselor who can help you set up a plan for reducing your anxiety about your health and giving your body what it needs most. All the best.

Best,
Laurie

All the best to you aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back