Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
Hey everybody, I have a question. I started off by having twitching, my doctor told me nothing to worry about. My anxiety continued and eventually I was able to move past that. Here recently, I feel like I’ve slurred only on certain words. Words such is “this is” and words that start with “s”. If it was als, would I be slurring with more than just that? And it only happens sometimes. But I know that I’ve gotten inside my own head and I’m paying so much attention to how I talk. No muscle weakness or atrophy. Only thing I was concerned about was the speech. And my swallowing is fine as well. Thanks!

Hello there- it's not clear if you've read this: Read Before Posting It pretty much answers your questions for you. If you have concerns, visit with your doctor, but you can leave ALS behind.

Hey! Thanks for the response. I did not read that. But just to clarify, you don’t think that’s als? Thanks!

No, it's not

Nope, not ALS

Eagles- I have cut and pasted your question here. A reminder to read the "Read Before" thread as it outlines forum posting rules. A reminder to keep to your thread when asking questions on the forum.

Question, I can wiggle my toes on both feet, but can’t spread them on the right foot. Is that a concern? Thanks!

To answer your question- There are normal variations in function from one side to the other. There are also many reasons for differences. The people here really can't assess you, only a doctor can do the strength and movement tests that can indicate a need to refer to a neurologist.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. Last question I will ask and I’ll be out of here. I still have the twitching. My doctor was not worried about that. No speech or swallowing issues. Just my legs feel weaker. I know that’s not clinical weakness but i am losing my balance a few times per day. Would that be anything that I should be checked for regarding a neurological or als symptom? Besides that, I haven’t had anything except twitching and tingling in my shoulders and random areas on my body. Thanks.

And I’m technically not actually falling. Just sorta stumbling. Just wanted the opinion of you guys. Thanks.

Flyeagles, I’d say you’re out of here per your own words.

“Only thing I was concerned about was the speech. And my swallowing is fine as I have a question. I started off by having twitching, my doctor told me nothing to worry about. My anxiety continued and eventually I was able to move past that well.

“My anxiety continued and eventually I was able to move past that well.”

Apparently not.

“Last question I will ask and I’ll be out of here. I still have the twitching. My doctor was not worried about that. No speech or swallowing issues.”

From first paragraph…

“Only thing I was concerned about was the speech.”

From last reply…

“No speech or swallowing issues.”

“Last question I will ask and I’ll be out of here.”

Answered by you.

You have had our opinion. Time to move on and continue working with your doc.

Take good care.

I was concerned about the speech. Obviously that cleared itself up. Was not being smart or anything there. My apologies. Just had a question. I’ll be sure to avoid asking or looking. Don’t want to be taken as offensive or anything. Thanks for your opinions. God bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back