Not open for further replies.

salma

Reason
PALS
State
Sind
City
Karachi
Hello to All, My father diagnosed. in Mrch 06, i have problem that he has much much pain in his legs and hands. he cant bear. he already takes Morphin he took pain killers brufin and painadol but still he has an intensive pain in legs and hands ..plz. share if any body hasan idea?

so sorry to hear this...do you massage and give Range of Motion exercises to hands, feet etc? This makes a bg difference in pain...
Beth

Salma

My Brother has Quinnine (for bad cramps). Neurontin and Skelaxin. I helps him.
The Doc. just put him on #10 Loratab. Also, we just got a pain patch for severity in pain when the other Meds. are not helping. It is called Fentanyl Transdermal System.
I has to be put on every three days. This was recomended by a Hospice Nurse, whose Father-in-Law had ALS.

Please see link. This is much stronger than Morphin.

http://www.medicinenet.com/fentanyl_transdermal_system/article.htm

Hope this is helpful.

Lorie

The problem with Salma is that she is in Pakistan and a lot of these drugs and therapies aren't available. We sometimes have no idea how good we have it.
AL.

Last edited:
Hello Salma,

This may sound kind of strange, but in addition to massage and range of motion, sometimes just placing your hands around the area that is painful is helpful, especially if you do this with specific intention of facilitating pain release and relaxation. Try to imagine that you are bringing into and through yourself white, 'healing' energy, and transferring that energy from your hands to your father. If this is uncomfortable for your father, you can also do this without touching him, but by placing your hands a few inches away from his skin. This is called energy work, and it is a type of bodywork that is often used on people who cannot tolerate actual massage.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back