Diagnosis
11/2020
Country
IN
State
DY
City
Delhi
My father have been dignosed with ALS by 2 doctors now, by physcial examination and EMG report.
Father symptoms: initaital walking issues started 2 years ago now atrophy in legs and hands with constant twitching.

Im still in denial that it cannot be ALS, i have been tracking his health for long now its been 2 years now and and no issues in bulbar area and no weight loss whatsoever, is there any minor chance it still cannot be als?

Futher my father is 60 years old and we have no history of als in family, Now i have been monitoring his health for so long and im scared but issues got amplified when i started getting twitches like 1 month ago, can i have gotten the als from his genes, is there any chance we both were exposed to some chemicals and both got als? ( his als symptom started 2 year ago my twitches started 1 month ago)

And lastly is there anything i can do for his hands and legs swelling can that swelling itself be fatal?

One can be two or more years in without bulbar or weight loss so that is not a reason to doubt the diagnosis.
swelling is common and the first thing to do is to elevate the extremities that tend to swell as much and as often as possible. Compression socks / sleeves may be helpful. Check with his doctor.

twitches mean nothing and most people get them at some point. It is very common for relatives of PALS to worry but with one relative affected at an age where ALS often started you shouldn’t worry. If you have further questions on your own health please start a thread in could I have ALS. Posts in this and the other main sections should be about the diagnosed person.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back