tms23

Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hi,
I have a few questions about PSW and fibrillations. As I know, the existence of PSW and Fibs is a condition of an ALS diagnosed.

Question 1)
Do people with ALS notice their PSW or Fibs? I have read on this side and a lot other sides that Fibs are not noticeable. What is about PSW; is the feeling of a PSW like a buzz or vibration of the muscle?

Question2)
PSW and Fibs will be detected with an EMG. Are Fibs permanent present and PSW only if the doc needled the right muscle at the right time?

Thanks,
Tim

Its consistent with ALS but also with lot of other things. You cannot notice them, its type of activity within your muscles.

I have also heard it is not possible to notice PSW. But I had one while my EMG and I noticed it.

as far as I understand

as far as I know, you cannot notice them. I know what you are talking about the "buzzing" I had it on my foot hand and pectoral muscles. I heard 2 answers about this. One says is just really fast fasciculations tthat feel like that.

My neurologist told me is due probably to regeneration of the nerve, but said is quite normal and happens from time to time to people.

Hope this helps.

Uriel

Uriel,
I am relieced to hear that. So its seems to be a regeneration of the nerve an not a denervation.
I had a short spate of PSW in my M. tibialis anterior and at the same time this buzzing feeling. But my neurologist also told me that the M.t.a. is a tetchy nerve. Therefore a PSW can also be a regeneration.
But I have this feeling also in my arms for maybe 5 to 10 times a day

yeah, my buzzing sometimes lasts for a while or on and of trough out the day.

But like I said I mentioned it to my Doctor a few times and he was not very concerned.
Also I should mention that he has a very good reputation and is one of the top neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic..so I figure he knows what he is talking about:smile:

blessings

uriel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back